Thursday, March 28, 2019

Take Three Thursday - Rewarding Behaviour


In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.    What have you noticed this week? 

See what others have noticed this week:
Melissa at Daily Life - Bits & Pieces

Karen at Random Reflections

This week what I've noticed is all the reward cards I seemed to have accumulated over the last few years. Of all the reward cards, there are only 3 I use regularly.

The optimum card is used when I shop for food at a particular brand of stores, it's also used at their drugstore.  The rewards are in dollars that you can redeem in full or partial.  I tend to save until Christmas & then use when I a shop for Christmas & New Year treats.  For every $100 spent, you earn $10 in rewards.




The second rewards card that I used this week is a brand new one for Tim Hortons.  They brought this out to compete with McDonald's reward card, which is one I use a lot of,  as Tim Hortons is quickly loosing market share.  You purchase 7 coffee/tea & get your 8th one free.  The McDonalds reward card is paper & you collect 7 stickers to get the 8th free.  This card gets turned in to collect your free drink, that's why I don't have one to show at the moment.


The third rewards card I used this week is for the fur girls food.  The rewards are harder to achieve.  For every 10 bags of a particular brand & size that I buy, I would get the 11th bag free.  The bag size lasts for about 2 months, so over the year I may just squeeze the 10 bags in, as I buy two types; Digestive & Oral, but thankfully the points carry over.


All of these cards reward me for buying & shopping as I normally do, nothing special, very few restrictions, so that I truly do feel rewarded for my brand & store loyalty.

What reward cards do you use?

12 comments:

  1. Reward cards are great, but you can end up with a ridiculous number of them! I have a supermarket one (where I convert my loyalty points to air miles), one for an national chemist, a national bookshop chain, a national coffee chain, a clothing store and the Store of Utter Gorgeousness. All are used on a fairly regular basis. (And thanks for a blog post idea ...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me an idea to you! You are most welcome. It's what I noticed yesterday was all the cards in my wallet when trying to find the one I was actually using. That reminds me I need to find my bookshop card!

      Delete
  2. I have reward cards for the two supermarkets I use for food shopping and use the reward points for money off each shop. It's not the best use of the points as you can use them towards tickets for days out, etc. but I never had enough and kept losing the points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to stick with cards that don't expire points earned. Saving my grocery points until Christmas always feels that little bit extra special & I have less guilt about some of the treats :)

      Delete
  3. I don't have a lot of reward cards, but do maintain a couple of credit cards that accumulate points for excellent rewards. The trick is to be sure you never pay any interest on the accounts, but that's not a problem for me. I do have one grocery store reward card, but it's for a store in Racine. When I'm there I do all the grocery shopping, and with this card there are deep discounts on a variety of products. I save between $5 and $20 every time I shop there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very smart money management on your part Karen. Our one credit card gives reward points but I never seem to remember that - I need to re-think this.

      Delete
  4. I have three supermarket rewards cards, one gives me points to use in store, one gives me money off vouchers to use in store or with affiliated companies and the other one gives me vouchers to use in my favourite department store. It's always nice to pay for something using reward points, it feels like a special treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think I'd like to have other options for purchase on my rewards card, but in the end I probably couldn't keep tabs (col).

      Delete
  5. Those do sound like good ones for you!

    We use one at our local grocery store, which gives us point that turn in to reduced gas prices at the store gas station. Every $1 earns a point & 100 points earns 10 cents off the gallon price of gas. That's probably the only one we use regularly.

    We have one for Best Buy, but we only shop there on occasion. However, we recently upgraded our TV & BluRay player & purchased a network drive, so we have some dollars to spend there now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped signing up for many of the rewards cards because of the never ending emails we'd get from said company.

      Delete
  6. Like Karen, we have credit cards that give us points - one for American Airlines miles & one for Hilton hotel points, both of which we use (& pay off) every month ... these are miles/points we truly enjoy using when we travel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Man has a rewards card for all his business travel but he uses for product since we aren't travelers.

      Delete