Thursday, March 21, 2019

Take Three Thursday - A Spring Back

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.    

What have you noticed this week?  

When I woke Tuesday morning, it was to a snow storm!  I nearly wept with despair.  But Spring arrived yesterday in this part of the world.  Yeah!  Welcome! I'm SOOOO happy to see you! 

Taking a look back at three earlier Springs:

2016


2017


2018


You can see off to the right hand side of the photos, that the three cedar sisters are still wearing their winter wraps.  This year's wraps are in near tatters from the wind storms.  The little white pillars in all photos are my rose huts keeping those tender David Austin roses protected - the wraps & huts usually come off mid April.    When I look at the previous years photos, I feel very blessed that the view has not changed - Mr Man calls this our Million Dollar View - no subdivision building going on.
 

Spring 2019 - the photo is somewhat the same scene but a different angle.  The photo was taken from inside as it's still too icy, at this time. in the back garden to walk about for photos.

19 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic view. Is it protected against any future building? You have my sympathy re the new snowfall and hope it clears soon. We're experiencing (slightly) warmer days so I'm hoping to be able to start on the garden next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the photo, the field directly behind us is rented by a farmer, it could be developed. The hill area is owned by the Catholic Church, it's their camp & they run year round programs & just to the far right of the hill is protected lands/forest. Developing the field behind us would take all kinds of re-zoning changes, so if they do, it would take a few years (I hope) but so far there are no plans - we check yearly with the planning department. Snow is melting slowly - weekend should see double digit temps!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From rich blue skies to under snow - that certainly proves how long your winter is lasting this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep repeating "no spring skips a turn ..." I know we'll get there. With the climate change we are now getting about 1-2 weeks of spring & then right into summer.

      Delete
  4. That is a great view, but goodness it does look awfully cold still! Be careful in all that ice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hardy Canadians, give us 0+ & we'll break out the lawn chairs, shorts & flip flops (lol). It is still coat & hat weather ...

      Delete
  5. I think we are a little ahead of you as we have more green patches. I have a few Spring flowers pushing up shoots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sit in a very unique weather location - we have to check & compare two other weather forecasts & then decide in the middle. Sometimes it protects us from some serious summer storms.

      Delete
  6. You do have a beautiful view! Living in the city, I'm envious of that long look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That view is often good for long contemplated thoughts.

      Delete
  7. I love your view! It's interesting to look back over the same month in previous years and notice how different it is. It's fun to see the FB "memories" when there are snow photos on the day one year but sunshine and highs in the 60s another year. We never know what weather we'll get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have often picked one view in the garden & then on the same date each month taken the same photo for comparison. Mother Nature is a trickster & magician for sure.

      Delete
  8. Hmmm... that's telling, isn't it? Let's hope that when the season turns, it's a good one for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all possible body parts are crossed. I'd like a lingering spring ...

      Delete
  9. How fab that you've captured 'Spring' from the same spot over consecutive years. I'll take 2016, if it's all the same to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, 2016 was a good garden year. This spring is really not starting - we have snow forecasted for later in the week. :(

      Delete
  10. Oh golly, more snow - I can understand you might feel dispirited. Lovely to see the same view across the years, and I'd not heard of special things for protecting roses. Looking forward to see seeing photos when they are blooming later :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our climate is not the friendliest for some tyoes of roses & I've lost too many of my David Austin roses to chance any more. There is a Canadian bred type of rose for the fluctuation in the temperatures - Explorer Roses. I haven't got any as yet.

      Delete