Monday, September 09, 2019

Me On A Monday - September 9th

Source: Internet
Yes well done Bianca Andreescu - the first Canadian to win a (tennis) Grand Slam Title.   #SHETHENORTH

Reading:  just finished a book from the "lightening" table at the library, which means you have only 7 days to read, it's not renewable.  The book was by Ruth Ware; "Turn The Key".  I liked & I would recommend, it had an ending that surprised me; I knew something was not as it seemed, but why, surprised me.  Suspense & intrigue but not scary.  I'm in the middle of two books; both long awaited by favourite authors.  Louise Penny's latest "A Good Man"  loving it!  The other is by Terry Fallis "Albatross"  started out really well, but it's dragging a bit now ... oh it could be my intense commitment to "A Good Man".
Enjoying:  the very definite & distinct change in the weather which is an indication of a seasonal change upon us.  It's quite cool at night which is great for sleeping & I do like to have the windows in the bedroom open just a smidge, although some nights the coyotes are a little too vocal & wake us at about 3-4am!  I have also had a look at pulling out my sweaters!!  Still many warm sunny days to enjoy.
Inspired:  during my recent technology clean up/de-cluttering, as I was deciding about a few F/B groups I'm part of but not really getting anything from them, one that I was about to click "leave group" & I saw a post from a lady that recommended watching some uTube vids from RTS (Record the Story) & her instruction on easy layouts/pre-made pages.  The Gird, The Block, The Band & The Happy Horizontal have all been watched & wow it was a lot of inspiration.  For any scrappers out there that haven't yet discovered Janet's RTS - Design 2.0, please do your self a favour & watch.  All of them are about an 1hr:15min.  Of course I think these are about 1 year old & I'm always late to these crafting parties! But knowledge is never old.   Oh yes I did leave that F/B group along with 3 other groups.

Wishing everyone a very happy day & week ahead.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the grand slam win. I don't follow tennis, but even I heard about this.

    FB groups can tend to clutter up the FB feed lol It's best to move on when they're no longer helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a huge tennis fan, but this was certainly something special. So far I'm not regretting my F/B decisions.

      Delete
  2. We have returned from holiday to find that the UK temperature has dropped quite a bit since we left a week ago - I am seriously considering turning on the central heating later (don't tell my husband!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a definite change in weather. We are returning to summer heat & humidity for the next few days, maybe Summer's last hurrah. I say turn on the head & I promise not to mention a thing!

      Delete
  3. I too like sleeping in a ventilated room. At the moment I have an additional blanket, but have not switched from the summer duvet. 25C forecast for the weekend, which is good as I'm off to another afternoon tea, and I do like to kid myself it's still summer. My cucumbers still need the heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh an afternoon tea! One outside? Lucky you. I'm still saying summer inspite of seeing Christmas decorations at the craft store yesterday! SUMMER, it's still Summer (col).

      Delete
  4. Reading this, of course, very belatedly. I had "A Good Man" loaded on my Kindle for vacation, but our reading group book, "Ameicanah" was so long that it was fortunate I finished it on the flight home. I can, however, recommend it. Interesting, and many of her reflections and insights will stay with me for a long time.

    ReplyDelete