Thursday, September 05, 2019

Take Notice - SPSH Finds

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Notice Thursday.   The idea is to take photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   
What have you noticed this week?

What I've noticed this week was finds for the SPSH 
 # 18. Something That Should Be Found In Pairs 

I had been seeing lots of examples for this particular item but every time I did, I was on a timetable to be somewhere & no time to stop to  capture the photo.  This week I found examples & had the time to stop, turn around & get the photo.  

Shoes Should Be In Pairs:  The white shoe looks to be brand new - how or why did someone toss or loose this shoe on the side of a busy highway?  
Gloves Should Be In Pairs:  When I was photographing the shoe, I turned around & there was another example - a latex glove.  Not the original glove shot I had in mind but it will do.  

Earrings Should Be In Pairs:  My third example was a find outside of the clinic where I work.  I was walking with my head down, as there's a little pothole in the sidewalk which I have tripped on several times, so I was keeping my head down to watch out &  there lying on the sidewalk was a really pretty single Silver Leaf earring.  Now surely someone is missing this gem.  We have it in our forgotten bin at the clinic with the hopes that someone comes to claim.  
And a lucky find of Something That Should Be Found In Pairs, was this sandal lying in the parking lot  ...

& as I walked through the lot to get to another store I noticed that the mate to the that lone sandal was lying on the grassy boulevard not 20 feet away!


What are you noticing that should be found in pairs?

9 comments:

  1. Until I had to find a photo for the hunt it wasn't too unusual to see a lone shoe by the side of the road but haven't seen one single one since the hunt started. Typical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw so many but could never stop, when I saw the white shoe I was determined to go back & capture & thankfully it was still there. Now that I consider this item done, there are so many other "perfect examples" showing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lost shoes are a bit like buses, aren't they? You wait for ages and then 2 or 3 come along at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why, but the white trainer gives me the creeps, a bit. Over-active imagination?
    The earring is lovely. I'd wear that! (Singly, as a last resort. Hope it doesn't come to that for the one who lost it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all shoes or even coats/hats etc on the side of a busy highway lead my imagination off into not so happy reasons of WHY? I agree that earring is so pretty, now I'm on the search for a pair similar.

      Delete
  5. Those are great finds for that prompt! I couldn't find a single outdoor clock until I took my photo for it and now, I see them everywhere! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My outdoor clock example isn't what I had hoped it would be - sure the year I need a photo is the year they change the floral clock. (col).

      Delete
  6. What a fun post - interesting what one finds lying about sometimes.

    ReplyDelete