Monday, July 13, 2015

Me On A Monday – July 13th



Big wave and good morning greeting to Sian at   http://fromhighinthesky.blogspot.ca/   and all the other lovely blog participants this, already too warm, Monday morning.


  
Tweaking the recipe for an Arnold Palmer; half ice tea, half lemonade, changing it to ¾ ice tea, ¼ lemonade to suit my tastes / my ribs are very stiff and sore from bending & pulling in the garden of weeding / blogging, creating and reading, my goodness there is a lot  learn from / photographing , sharpening my visual eye/ reading light; Thyme Out by Katie Fforde / walking on the treadmill mostly, either too humid or raining for outside / thinking deep thoughts about words and communication and I have amazed myself / caught up on the first 4 episodes of Poldark, liking this and isn’t he a handsome man / feeling success in my better eating choices /  back you temptress of ice cream on offer and no thank you  / patio sitting with tea in hand / half way through my annual summer reading of the Harry Potter series /  helping a friend, who is attending,  write her speech for upcoming friend’s wedding celebrations / feeling quite sad that I will not be in body attendance at friend’s wedding this Friday coming as she is getting married in BC and I can’t fly / thankful for technology’s ability to Face Time in /  photo staff wall at clinic finally done and aren’t we a handsome bunch / finally the gift we gave ourselves for our June wedding anniversary arrived – a metal whirly gig (wind spinner) for the garden – it replaces the metal sundial we had which was damaged in winter’s major ice storm two winters ago – took us that long to decide what we wanted to replace the sundial / playing with the farm dogs, such a lively tireless bunch /attending our little village’s first Farmers Market – yeah! – so much variety, locally / watching Woman in Gold on movie network /  the few times we do grill, propane for barbeque ran out as I was preparing  dinner / a run out to Costco to refill said propane tank / 

Monday you are one of my favourite days.

6 comments:

  1. You did all that in a weekend? Goodness, it sounds accomplished! It's a shame you can't attend your friend's wedding, but I hope you have a celebration planned for your FaceTime session. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Delanie. This was mostly a review of the previous week. Pretty new dress for the Face Time reading and some sparkling fruit juice already on the chill to toast along.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed Woman in Gold - though the critics disagreed with me. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the movie. Ms Helen is one of my favourite actors. I thought they did a good job of touching on the background without dwelling too long there, and it made me want to know more about the real story of The Woman In Gold, so that in itself makes it a winner in my book. I often find if the critics like, I don't.

      Delete
  3. Yep..I'm still catching up and loving how you jump up and grab Monday and give her a shake! Here a whirly gig is one of those laundry dryer things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - yes Mondays do sometimes need a good shake. Oh interesting naming for the laundry thingy - I must go look and see what we call in this region. I am so glad you visit with me ;)

      Delete