Sunday, July 12, 2015

SPSH - University Entrance


SPSH #10. A college or university

University of Guelph Entrance

This is the north east corner entrance for the University of Guelph.  Last year I used the Gryphon statue as my SPSH entry for a mascot.  It is an amazing piece of art.  The wall and gardens have just been finished this year.  While I am not a graduate of this university, I have taken some courses here.  One course was, "How To Whine Your Way To Success", as part of a women's studies course that I needed for my college program.  It was all about how women and men interact within the work place, especially if the relationship is one of male manger to female worker.  It made me much more aware of how as a female I interact with males in a position of power (perceived or other wise). I also took a non credited workshop on gardening and one on photography. The university's arboretum is on our Summer Manifesto list of exploring Wellington County.



Gryphon Statue
Close Up of The Details
Dedication Plaque for the Gryphon Statue


6 comments:

  1. I like that griffin ... he looks like he's full of mischief!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the students attending here are certainly a mischievous bunch so maybe the gryphon is a perfect mascot - often when I drive by, there are so many climbing up the statue to have their photo taken riding him.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a nice campus! Reminds me a bit of mine - tho we had no mascot. So glad you got to use your photo of the statue - that was certainly a trump card in last year's hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first photo is a fresh photo for this year's SPSH but I am so taken with this statue I had to include more photos and those from last year at least don't have people all climbing over the poor beast. It is a large spread out campus and mostly quite beautiful, of course I spend a lot of time at the veterinary buildings as I have many vet friends. I once assisted in delivering twin calves - a heifer & bull calf.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. I am still in awe of him as I drive by.

      Delete