Monday, July 20, 2015

Me On Monday - July 20th



Big wave, hello and good morning to Sian at: http://fromhighinthesky.blogspot.ca/  along with the other lovelies linking in.  Happy Monday!

A week of lots of emotional highs and lows / enjoyed a free sample of a blueberry pomegranate  smoothie / on Tuesday we had such sudden heavy rains and I got caught running between stores, absolutely soaked through to my underwear  / uncomfortable drive home in wet pants and the scare of hydro planning on the flooding roads / return to sun (ok) and humidity (dread) / heat alerts were issued on Saturday and Sunday as temperatures reach +30 (C) and humidity +40 (C)  /more movies: The Second Best Marigold Hotel; Box Trolls/ a friend’s wedding; she looked SO gorgeous / the welcoming of a friend’s babies, twins, boy & girl; really you are going to call him Zepplin???  / paycheque depositing, makes those days at the clinic worthwhile / scrapping / searching and finding  a patio umbrella in the sales (thanks Costco) / scored two cushions for the patio chairs at $3.00/pc, wrongly marked down – bonus for me / I am amazed at how one purchase, the market umbrella, spurs on the need for other purchases; solar lights designed specifically for the umbrella pole, mosquito or should I say anti mosquito candles, a cover for the umbrella-close up the wallet! / surprise e-mail from absent in my life sister / lots of birthday cards sent, some electronically, some as happy mail / bought a birthday gift for upcoming surprise party in August and yes I am that organized  / reading 3rd in Jeffrey Archer’s Clifton series / began the 4th in Harry Potter, The Goblet of Fire / enjoying DVD series while on the lonely kilometers on the treadmill / deciding that new menu sheet doesn’t work for me and I will return to my own design; where’s Mrs Patmore when I need her? / ironing, which I rarely do or need to do – wishing I had someone to teach me how to iron sleeves / feeling sad that another scrapping store closed its doors on Saturday; The Scrapping Bug will be missed. Mr Man says I have enough stuff to open my own shop - well thank goodness I had the insight to purchase while available / hoping that the Canadian dollar rebounds soon / Saturday night’s sunset was brilliant red and pink which lasted a long time.  

Monday we begin it all again - let’s dance!




14 comments:

  1. what a busy weekend and a beautiful sunset - have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helena. Sunday's sunset was not as spectacular.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic photo. I've just finished watching the Harry Potter DVDs for the I-don't-know-how-many-times, and am debating whether to the the audio books narrated by Stephen Fry next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard Stephen Fry narrate the books but I have heard he is quite good at it. Can you borrow from your library? Two years ago I bought my self a set of the hardcover HP series as a birthday gift. I like the movies, but the books are my first choice, Always.

      Delete
  3. Hooray for the patio gubbins! Sure to be well used/loved. Hope the surprise e-mail was a positive rather than an emotional low. What did you think of The Second Best Exotic.... ?

    Zepplin? :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second Best was just that, not as good as the first. There was some possible stories within but they went no where. I really felt like I had missed the in between movie because the way it ended in the 1st gave no explanation as to where we started on some plots in the second. Glad we rented. Surprise e-mail was not a low, it was a thank you for a heritage scrap album I had made for her a few years ago. As I've said before, relationships puzzle me.

      Delete
    2. Puzzling indeed! Re. the film I SO SO agree! I thought the first was excellent on so many levels - just loved it. The second: not so moving, not so deep/thought-provoking, not so funny and all together incoherent. Should have left it alone!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heat warnings at 30C; that's nothing! Mind you, it dropped to -1C on the weekend and that warranted the 'snowaggedon' tag line. ;)
    Delanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Ha ... I think it's the humidity that gets to us more than the heat. Western provinces brag about their dry heat and curse Ontario's wet heat. It is funny odd all the new warning violent language used in weather reporting.

      Delete
  6. shame about that scrapbook store! lovely sunset and as it's rained here most of the day i'd welcome some of that heat and humidity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Louise rain and you just starting vacation - I will send good thoughts for sunshine for the rest of your vacation days.

      Delete
  7. You always greet Monday in the nicest of ways! It's a delight to be back from holidays and sending you a retrospective wave from over the top of a pile of holiday unpacking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome home Sian and thank you for saying that. Ah yes there will be holiday laundry unfolding for you now. Wishing you dry weather as your hang out your laundry and sunshine as you take a break or two to gently unfold yourself back it to routine.

      Delete