Sunday, July 19, 2015

SPSH - A Revisit To #7

Today I am revisiting #7 of Rinda's  SPSH - Turtle. 

My original submission was that of a snapping turtle.  This is a wonderful example of a painted turtle and I had been spotting him and a companion sunbathing on a log in a roadside pond for several days.  The day I was there with my camera the companion turtle (also a painted) was no where to be seen.  The first photo was taken from the road side and once I was sure he wasn't bothered by me, I trampled through some long grass and brambles, over a very rickety bridge to the south side, where I could get a little closer. The second photo of Mr Painted Wonder, is the one I like best for SPSH #7 - Turtle


First of Mr Painted Wonder
My favourite photo of Mr Painted Wonder




























Rinda's Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt Link:  http://gallorganico.blogspot.co.uk/

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Maybe when she hears about the photo shoot, his mate will come back to pose for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I am trying to capture something very specific for Pairs, I have now been taking my camera with me at all times and since I drive by this pond a couple times a week, I should be ready for Her reappearance ;)

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed that you get your pairs photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen - I have a couple of other Pairs photos ready to go just in case my elusive pair does not pan out (this week). It is not the turtles.

      Delete