Monday, June 13, 2016

Memorandum Monday - June 13th

Weigela starting to bloom
   
Linking in with Sian & the other Monday greeters & wavers at:  From High In The Sky

What's new from the patio this week?  
 
Early Sunday Morning View - the lawn clover in bloom



Things are returning to a "normal" staffing state at work, which is good.  I am still feeling the affects of working 2 weeks of some very long days.  I really did learn something more about myself & my coping or lack of coping with stress.  I have always known that from my chaotic beginnings, order is extremely important & vital for me.  But wow, under stress I really clung to order (OCD levels) & perfectionism in myself.  Thankfully the patients & the clinic  therapists do not see that internal conflict.  So the new element of this is that I am taking some steps to develop skills of reducing self inflicted stress behaviour.

Now having said all that positive stuff about growth & self development - I am really annoyed that my boss never said thank you.  A paycheque is not a thank you.




New in the garden; iris, poppies & peonies are all in abundant bloom along with the completed arbour.  Mr Man worked on this while I was at work.  There were no further injuries suffered. (note to self - why in the photo does the arbour look crooked?)

 
White Peonies Basking In Morning Light


 
Completed Arbour

 
Magenta Peonies In Sunday Morning Light



















New feelings about chipmunks.  Karen did warn me about the potential of them being a nuisance.  I, We are no longer feeding them to discourage them from hanging about.  Bother my lilies & there is trouble, eat my lily bulbs & you are banished!
 

 
As it was all about work the last 2 weeks & weekend I have not got a lot more to report on.  I hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead.

It's Monday, Don't Forget to Be Awesome
 

16 comments:

  1. I hope the chipmunks don't turn out to be a nuisance. The one pictured looks so cute. It's always a pleasure to see the different flora and fauna from your corner of the world.

    Thanks for your comment on my doll making exploits. I'll be sure to share my progress. Legs next, but a busy week ahead without the luxury of sewing time in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is war full on now with me & the chipmunks, I found another lily bulb dug up & eaten!

      Delete
  2. The arbor is straight, it's the camera that is crooked. I know because mine can't seem to stay straight when I'm photographing layouts. I hope you manage a little more fun and a lot less work this week. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Susanne, plus there is a slight slope in our back garden. I may start using the tripod which has a built in level.

      Delete
  3. I agree about the need for a thank you---even just a verbal one---when you've gone above and beyond at work. Such a simple thing that makes such a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boss is the type of person that feels a sense of entitlement because he "owns" the business. I loose respect for him a little bit more each & every day.

      Delete
  4. A thank you can mean so much.

    I hope this week at work is easier going and you can let that perfectionism slide..just a little ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sian - I must remember that God in creating the world did not even say perfect, he said good. :)

      Delete
  5. Agreed with the above: an acknowledgement of the extra work would have been priceless - nothing more dispiriting than a boss who just wants everything to run smoothly and couldn't care less how that happens.
    ANYWAY: garden looks great: it seems to be a good year for peonies - one of mine is flopping under its blooms, even with four canes supporting it. Arbour is also great and looks perfectly straight to me when viewed in relation to the house. Well done Mr Man! (What is in the chest?) From this distance I will say I love chipmunks. "I love chipmunks!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use peony rings rather than stakes but sometimes further help is needed for the blooms. In the chest is storage for my garden tools, gloves, flower food, candles, ties & other little bits & bobs I need when playing in my garden.

      Delete
  6. "It's Monday, don't forget to be awesome." I LOVE that! ;o) I'm with you on the lack of thank you's. Being appreciated is such an amazing gift to receive, and I'm sorry that didn't come your way. Your garden is so lush and beautiful! Have a great week, Mary-Lou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Yes a simple (heartfelt) thank you can go a long way & it costs nothing, not a penny.

      Delete
  7. Some people find it hard to just say thank you. It is good that you can recognise your own needs for order. The arbour looks great. I understand the conflict of cute animals being a pest. We have that issue with squirrels and of course the very naughty foxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie, I have passed on all the kudos to Mr Man. Cute but becoming destructive - oh foxes I see so rarely, such beautiful wild creatures.

      Delete
  8. So glad things are returning to normal after those two busy weeks! No chipmunks here, but rabbits in the neighborhood keep eating the few leaves off my rose bushes! UGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do like bunnies & we get both the wild kind along with the neighbour's tame bunny. The wild ones sometimes eat the start of my tulips but I have not (so far) had problems with them eating my roses - that would be all out war!

      Delete