Monday, June 06, 2016

Memorandum Monday - June 6th

 
Tree Peony - A record of 9 blossoms

 
Good Morning & a wave to all those following Sian's Monday Memorandum:  You can link in here to see what everyone has been up to:  From High In The Sky

What's new for me?  It was certainly an unusually busy  week at work.  If it does not rain it pours - one Front Desk staff had to cope with the last few days of her Father's sudden diagnosis of lung cancer & his subsequent passing.  Our casual summer student had emergency appendix surgery & our part timer is taking another week in China, so that left only me.  It looks like it will be the same this week with everyone needing time to mourn, recover & get a plane back home.  Several days of 12 hours shifts are exhausting for me. 

We are putting together a new arbour - it is not going well.  How not well you ask?  Let's just say, from experience, I stock boxes of bandaids in every size as if there is not some blood letting, then I am not sure it was Mr Man working on the project.

 
laying out all the pieces first


The first side is up

  
We are celebrating our wedding anniversary on Tuesday & because of the work situation for me, we have to postpone celebrating. Mr Man is not happy about this.  I will say no more about that.

 
White Poppies


Sorry for the rush but off I go to work.  I hope everyone has a wonderful week & that calm prevails.





 

19 comments:

  1. Oh dear sounds like a busy week. Good luck with the arbour. I am sure it will be worth it. Happy Anniversary when you do get to celebrate it. Lovely poppies and peonies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a variety of colours of both, but the heavy rain/wind knocks both down :(

      Delete
  2. beautiful peonies - I have only one bud at the moment - hoping there are more hiding. What a week at work - hope this one is not too stressful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cheap peony purchase has the most blooms every year, the most expensive I am lucky if I get one on that bush.

      Delete
  3. Lovely peony. Two of mine are out and making me happy! I can only dream of space for an arbour. Good luck with that - already halfway there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - the arbour is going to take a break in being created for a few days as Mr Man heals.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you are rushed off your feet! Hope everyone is back soon and work life can get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the stress ... but I think what bothers me most is my boss has not even said thank you or acknowledged the extra efforts. This Thursday should see a return to "normal". :)

      Delete
  5. Oh goodness, so sorry to hear about all your work friends problems. I hope everything works out ok xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. several of our older patients have quoted "life is what gets in the way while you make plans". I ponder this.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, Mary-Lou. I can read between the lines and feel your tone here. Taking a slow and sweet inhale for you, exhaling sending you love and light and peaceful days. So happy that all things are temporary and wishing you brighter days ahead, very soon.

    PS: Love the look of arbour part one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Yes remembering to breath. I let the need for perfection take me over oh & do not get me started on my need to control (sort of lol). Yes a return to normal by Thursday.

      Delete
  7. The first part of the arbor is lovely! I'm sure it will seem worth the effort. Happy Anniversary! We don't always get a chance to celebrate on the given day, either. Your tree peony is gorgeous. Our bloomed while we were in Chicago a week or so ago, so we missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. The catalogue picture of the arbour will make it all worthwhile. I am now waiting for all the herbaceous peonies to bloom, if the rain does not beat them down. Um I think my garden can teach me about stress (col).

      Delete
  8. The arbor is going to be very pretty!

    I'm sorry to hear about the work situation..that's a difficult one because you have to be sympathetic whilst grinning and bearing it. Argh. I hope you get to do something nice for your anniversary soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sian. I think this series of events is teaching me a lot about my own work style(s). More to report on that.

      Delete
  9. Sorry you are having a couple of stressful and long days/weeks at work, it would be so exhausting.
    As for your arbour, so far it is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey. Finally finding time to catch up with blogs.

      Delete
  10. Oh my, it sounds like that you are working quite a lot. I hope everyone's life calms down so you can get back to a normal work schedule and celebrate with your man. So far, so good on the arbor - I like the looks of it.

    ReplyDelete