Friday, June 03, 2016

One Year of Blogging

Patio Postcards
 
It has been one year since I wrote & published my first blog post for Patio Postcards. It certainly has moved into more than I first thought. 


Thank you to all of you for your many wonderful, supportive & kind comments.  You have all helped me through some difficult days & continue to encourage me to keep at blogging.

Have I learned anything in the year?  Oh yes, I think the biggest thing I have learned is how kind & welcoming everyone is. I continue to be in awe of how good people are at writing & engaging readers.  I am envious of how good everyone is at photography.

Would I do anything differently?  I think of my current writing style as quite vanilla with the odd streaking of some substance.  I have written & deleted or just kept in draft so many posts, afraid of over sharing & judgement.  I am resolved to move more into "publish" mode.

What will you keep the same?  I personally like a blend of words & photos, so that will not change.  I like a clean crisp font & I strive with ensuring grammar & spelling are correct, so that will not change. 

What is the most fun of blogging?  Connecting with people that are doing different things than me; experiencing challenging life situations; people who's life styles vary from mine; people with varying opinions & experiences.  Some I can share in, some I can only marvel at.  But the strong thread of connection of sameness we share in wanting to experience joy & overcome life's hurdles with grace & yes even humour.

What is the most challenging thing about blogging?  There are so many well written, interesting & fun blogs, which I just do not have the time to read all of them. Those that I visit I do try to leave a comment.  The biggest personal blog writing challenge I have, can be summed up with a quote  "comparison is the thief of joy"  - see note above about so many unpublished posts.

What are you looking forward to in regards to blogging?   I am ready for Rinda's Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt. I want to share my continued life learning in an exciting way on Mondays.  I am keeping an eye out for SNAP collections & I challenge myself with creating a weekly gorgeous photo & 6 marveling words. I want to dabble more with 5 in 5 on the 5th & I certainly want to record what I am happy about.  I am committed to sharing scrapbook pages created with regards to our 2016 Summer Manifesto - Ports of Call. 

Thank you all for being my blogging friends & sticking with reading Patio Postcards.





 PS - my post of 1 photo, 6 words will follow later in the day.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations and well done! Here's to many more rewarding years as a blogger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope for many more interesting weekends to recap on Mondays :)

      Delete
  2. Happy first year, it's been a joy to read your blog and I look forward to the coming years xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy first year! So glad I found you early in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A small-minded person would say "I told you so" but I'm not like that so: congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & yes you were right, I will be the first to admit that. Who knew that pumpkins could lead to all this :)

      Delete
  5. Well done on completing your first year and for collecting so many followers. I enjoy reading your blog and appreciate your comments on mine. So onward into the next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie. I am glad that we are blog friends & yes on to the next chapter.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on completing your first year of blogging. I certainly don't think of your blogging as vanilla; and I encourage you to publish more of those posts where perhaps you hesitate because you think the emotions expressed may not be understood. In my experience, some of my most commented-on posts are one's I was a little wary of sharing. Not everyone will understand or connect with everything you share, but somebody will understand and connect with something you share. Be even braver in year two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne for those kind & encouraging words. I do plan for more bravery for the rest of 2016 not only in blogging but other parts of my life.

      Delete
  7. I have now read the first year of your blog! As promised, I didn't comment on each and every one! :D

    ReplyDelete