Monday, July 30, 2018

Me On A Monday - July 30th

Happy Birthday today to Neville Longbottom.  Happy Birthday tomorrow to Harry Potter.  They are 38 years old - what a grand age to be.

Such an over whelming sad time in the world, well for me at least.  Trying not to let these things seep into my view & feelings of the world, so time to intervene with some happy thoughts.

A few months back I received a lovely treat in the mail from Lady Ella at The Progress of Flowers.  A book called Smile & in it are many quotes to make one smile. I usually start my day by reading one of the quotes.   I would like to share a few with you today & I hope you smile, along with some accompanying photos from my garden.  My garden always makes me smile. 


All people smile in the same language.

Smiles are trifles, to be sure; but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.


A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.


A smile is the shortest distance between two people.

Friendship a dear balm, a smile among dark frowns, a beloved light, a solitude, a refuge, a delight. 


 What makes you smile?

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to start the day! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I hope you have a good week - what's that saying, "it's a good day to have a good day". :)

      Delete
  2. I've just smiled reading this post … and thinking of a young Neville Longbottom … I love, love, love his character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. In the books Neville's development was so inspiring - a true Griffindor.

      Delete
  3. What an encouraging post, combining those quotes with wonderful flower photos :)

    Happy Birthdays to the HP characters. 38! Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is flying so it must mean we are having a good time! (col). Sometimes a quick quote can really change the Focus of the day ... it's why I collect them because I just know I'll need one or two soon.

      Delete
    2. When I was young I had a notebook I collected quotes in, and I look for quotes as I'm reading, but your practice is more active and seems like it would inspire both in the collection and in the use.

      Delete
  4. What lovely 'smiley' quotes - thanks for passing them on x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure Deb & I hope that this post helped with your smile for the day / week.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous photos...and I like your quotes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, it's what I like about digital, you can snap away until you get that perfect photo. I am a collected of quotes.

      Delete
  6. Well, it's certainly made me smile to know the book is used and loved! Thanks for flagging up the quotes during a period when so many are struggling against the forces of nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you smiled. The book sits on my computer desk so easy access is the key. I'm taking a break from the news, not putting my head in sand, just need a break from the soul sucking news. Mother Nature is seemingly angry but then again she has every right to be annoyed with Us. Smiling may not change the situations but it hopefully can change my own attitude.

      Delete
  7. OH, this totally makes me smile - I love those quotes paired with your beautiful garden photos!

    I have to admit to having been out of touch with any news on our 16-day trip; in fact, we didn't even have any internet or cell phone service for 5 day. It was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete