Thursday, July 19, 2018

Take Three Thursday - Ballooning

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  
 
See what others have noticed:  
Maggie at Farmer's Wife Day by Day
Karen at Random Reflections
Eileen at  A Bracelet of Days
Melissa at Daily Life - Bits & Pieces

This week I have been admiring not only in my garden but several other gardens the wonderful of balloon flowers.  I have blue, white & pink balloon plants.  Mine do not get really tall but some I saw at the university were about 3 feet tall!  

Again I marvel at nature - I think The Universe was having a fun moment when creating the balloon flower.  
 



"we do not see nature with our eyes but with our understanding & our hearts"   William Hazlett
 

14 comments:

  1. Balloon flower is such a great name, don't you think? Lovely capture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. It is a perfect name. I'm sure somewhere I have the botanical name written down, but Latin is a tough one for me (col).

      Delete
  2. Your garden photos are always so lovely!

    I didn't get three things posted this week, but I love that you saw the three last week (and I didn't even realize it! LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. I am happy to link everyone in because we need to support each other's blogs, seems more & more are leaving blogland & that makes me sad. Sometimes my own "eye spying" surprises me. (col).

      Delete
  3. Cute! I honestly have no idea whether I have come across these flowers before. They look familiar, but probably I have seen them without really noticing! I shall have to keep my eyes open in future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find my pink balloon flowers are very non showy & easy to pass by, the whites are SO white & the blues really add mid summer colour. I hope that you get to notice some in local gardens. :)

      Delete
  4. I like Lady Ella haven't come across these flowers but they do look fascinating .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to watch the buds develop & then show colour & burst open. It's a very hardy non fussy plant. I am thinking of moving my pinks to more of a shaded area - maybe the intense sun is washing out the colour.

      Delete
  5. Balloon flowers are new to me. Thee are beautiful! I especially love the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. It's a fun plant, well at least it amuses me.

      Delete
  6. One of my favourites in my garden - too bad they pass so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear yours pass quickly! I was going to say that they last for weeks, but maybe that's because there's so many blooms.

      Delete
  7. Such beautiful flowers.
    I love seeing these posts from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen balloon flowers in person and love your series here. I can see the flower opening in my mind :)

    ReplyDelete