Thursday, July 26, 2018

Take Three Thursday - Seeing Red

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  
 
See what others have noticed:  
Maggie at Farmer's Wife Day by Day
Karen at Random Reflections
Eileen at  A Bracelet of Days
Melissa at Daily Life - Bits & Piece


The first item on the Seasonal Photo Scavenger Hunt is The Rosiness of Red.  I've seen lots of wonderful examples of this while we wandered about the university gardens. 



Bonus photo of my favourite one that I think I will use for SPSH


"a garden to walk in & immensely dream in what more could we ask - a few flowers at our feet & above us the stars".  Victor Hugo

14 comments:

  1. I'm loving your bonus hibiscus :) Sweet memories of the one that bloomed in my backyard when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hibiscus are a favourite of mine. We have tried growing indoors but always end up with those white mealy bugs. If I buy for the patio it is with the knowledge that it's just for the season :(

      Delete
    2. Here in Memphis they are perennial. It did eventually not come back, and Mother didn't replace it. I've never had one as an adult. I would never have thought of trying one inside, but I might do that. I could keep it in a pot on the patio during the summer so it didn't take up part of my limited bed space. Thx!

      Delete
  2. Those are all so so pretty <3
    Sadly I have not done much in my garden this year, besides fight off those lily beetles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won many battles with those lily beetles but not the war - I have a second crop of bugs! Hate those things.

      Delete
  3. Super shades of red. What is the first one called? I have it as an indoor plant and it has three blooms at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anthurium is the name on the label. I've never gotten them to re-bloom; good for you.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, I LOVE your favorite red photo! I have a link up post scheduled for the morning as I'm traveling for work. Hopefully it posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Red is the color of the week for Capture Your 365. I belong and get the daily emails, but haven't participated this year. Katrina Kennedy's rule for red is photograph it whenever you see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that rule. I read in a decorating book that you should always have something red in a room.

      Delete
  6. They are beautiful. Red can be so tricky to capture but you have got it! I love the bonus one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. I find I have a horrible time capturing yellow so mellow yellow is a challenge for me!

      Delete
  7. Such lovely "reds"! I have tons of photos from out recent trip & will be sharing some of them on Thursdays. :)

    ReplyDelete