Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Happy August Lists - Question 19

Question 19 - Something I Regret.

I have regretted a few of my plantings in the garden.  Why didn't someone tell me how invasive Snow on The Mountain (gout weed) could be!  What about that little 6" pot of Lemon Balm - that took at least 3 seasons of ripping out to control that wild thing.  


There have been a few fashion regrets, blonde was not a good  choice for me and I had no extra fun at all.  Costly mistake.  Oh and there was that one dress - no orange/peach is not a good colour choice for me. But boy could I twirl in that full skirt.  The cat costume for a Halloween party - managing a tail is pretty hard, especially with a glass of wine in hand.



I have often regretted that second helping of lasagna or that extra large bowl of ice cream.  No amount of Pepto Bismol can help those choices.

That's the advance of not being an impulsive person, I think things through, so not too many regrets for things done.  Could be a few missed opportunity regrets. But maybe I would have had different regrets if I had done them.  Forward to ensure living the width and length of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Someone who was nearly 100 once said to me that the only things he regretted were the things he hadn't done. So, forward, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is very good advice. I am trying to be much more spontaneous and not over think things. I'm not sure I will ever outgrow my tenancies towards caution. I will make caution my adviser and not my jailer.

      Delete