Thursday, July 04, 2019

Take Three Thursday - Grumpy Pants

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.  Happy Independence Day to my American blog friends.

What I noticed this week are three things that annoy me, none of which I seem to have any control over, so maybe there's the rub.  I know the saying, when you can't change something, change how you think about it or respond to it. I also know that none of these are life altering, but still ... they do annoy me.

This is our outdoor storage cupboard.  This is not our cat.  She looks very sweet & she is quite beautiful,  but what she is doing from this vantage point is hunting my chipmunks.  Go home cat!
This is only one of the several rude neighbours who cuts their lawn & blows all the grass clippings all over the sidewalk. There is a by-law but no one seems to take notice.  It's very messy to walk through & it can get quite slippery when wet - the little kids on their bikes have been known to wipe out in this mess.  Sweep up or bag it!
 Man buns - in my opinion, this is not a good look for any of the men I've seen up close & in person.  Sorry Boss Man, you aren't rocking the look,  you need to cut it!
Source: Internet.  Not Boss Man
OK now that I have those little annoyances off my chest, what is some little thing annoying you that you cannot change? 

14 comments:

  1. I think the grass clippings would annoy me. Why are some people so inconsiderate? The man bun doesn't bother me although I think most of them look stupid. One of my friends has one and I think it suits him but that may just be that I'm used to seeing him like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The grass clippings also plug up the street water drains so when we get the rain it makes more mess. I don't know what my boss is thinking, well maybe he was hoping to attract the ladies ... epic fail (lol).

      Delete
  2. Ha ha, the man bun is a trend that I seriously hope has seen its day!! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boss man has had a few older patients give him the stare & then advice about the bun.I must admit I chuckled out loud & got "the look" from boss man.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on the man buns!!
    We have a neighbour's cat who likes to lie on top of our bin shed - she doesn't chase the livestock, but she does leave a calling card ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cats, but I'm with you about their body calling cards! It's a big no from me.

      Delete
  4. Even David Beckham can't pull off the 'man bun' - what a horrible trend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Ha Deb. David Beckham does nothing for me with or without a man bun. I'm still quite smitten with Aidan Turner of Poldark fame.

      Delete
  5. Oh man buns are really an acquired taste! (I have not acquired it.) Grass cuttings... does he not have a grass box on the mower? Frankly I'm impressed he even mows the verge. Too many here barely bother with garden maintenance, never mind common use land.
    Annoying things I can't change? Bloody millions of them at the moment! I've already told you about squirrel bandits, so I'll plump here for the new(ish) style pedestrian crossings. The green/red man is now positioned down at chest level, beside the function button, so you have to look down while waiting for the lights to change, then can't see it while you're crossing the road. Why fix what wasn't broke? A design that has worked perfectly well for YEARS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That new crossing sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I had a few today added to my annoyance list. The squirrels in my garden are very destructive to my pots - I have been tending specialty Dalilas, The Bishop of Llandof, & the black bandits have dug one of them up!!!!! The grass clipping man has one of those very large ride on lawn mowers, no grass box/bag attached.

      Delete
  6. Yes, I can understand your frustration with the not-swept-up grass clippings - I have a horror of anything which might be slippery, because the consequences can be so awful. Is there anyway in which a polite note might work? Or asking the council to put one up on the site? Or threatening to sue, as a last resort! Things that annoy me? We have a lovely local walk, also frequented by dog-walkers. By and large they are good about scooping dog poo into a little black plastic bag - they tend to leave them by the side of the path, intending to pick them up on their way back - and then forget. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexa this particular neighbour is not approachable, we have tried as others have. This neighbour also has 2 problem dogs that many many people have lodged complaints with the township-nothing gets done. I hate that people leave the poop bags on the trees or on the sidewalk - rude!

      Delete
  7. Grass clippings left like that are a public hazard, and I'm surprised they haven't been approached about it. I don't mind the man buns, but free-ranging cats hunt native songbirds in addition to the chipmunks -to say nothing of the danger the cat is in from dogs and traffic. People should take better care of their pets :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amount of grass clippings from several homes clogs the street drains. I'm in total agreement about keeping cats indoors unless they are working farm cats. There seems to be an increase in lost dogs of late, many end up in the shelters & that's not where a family member should end up.

      Delete