Friday, July 19, 2019

TGIF - July 19th

Thank you to Dr Brene Brown for this meme ...


Trusting: that the summer clock that is seemingly ticking rather quickly, slows to allow more; more time on the patio with friends; more adventures with Mr Man; more time for crafting & not just more work; more good reads available at the library; more of every blessing.


Grateful: for the kindness of a blogging friend,Karen, who sent me a stamp set - she had two of the same & thought I would enjoy the extra set - I most certainly do.  She also made me this lovely card.

Inspired:  back in May when I mentioned in a post, that Osprey had returned to the area, Eileen at Bracelet of Days asked if I was going to post any photos of the birds.  I was inspired to keep an eye out for when the birds were visible in their nest.  It seems when the days are at their hottest, the birds will stand on the edge of the nest to catch any breeze off the lake.  I was lucky to have not only a hot day, but one where I had my camera with zoom lens & the traffic was light so I could easily pull over (non parking spot) on opposite side of the road to the nest & take a few photos.  The pole is about 30 feet in the air & the nest platform has been added to accommodate the nest & yes that is a plastic bag that the birds have used in building their nest.  It amazes me that the plants grow in the nest.  
Fun:  one particularly naughty fur girl wasn't getting enough of my attention; I was crafting; so she dug into the wastebasket & pulled out this envelope & proceeded to shred.  She was having fun.


"Smiles reach the hard to reach places."  Steve Wilson;  Smiles book from Lady Ella.

15 comments:

  1. Fantastic shot of the osprey nest!! Ha, maybe you can get your cat to shred confidential documents next! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have 3 active nests on this lake, but it's hard to get photos because they are along a very busy well patrolled highway. If we go early in the day we have seen them actually fishing & I would really like to captured that with my camera. My two fur girls are definitely two very cheeky, don't tell me what to do, cats.

      Delete
  2. What a great photo of the nest - how lucky you were for the traffic to co operate so you could get the picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. The traffic on that particular part of the highway is patrolled because of the lake & people wanting to just park willy nilly along the sides to make it a shorter tip to the fishing spots, so Mr Man pulled into someone's driveway & I jumped out, took the photos, jumped back into the car & off we went without a single police car sighting!

      Delete
  3. Hooray for surprise happy post! (Not that I would have a clue what to do with it, but you will have no such trouble!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already put the stamps to use ... I use in both card making & my scrapbook pages.

      Delete
  4. Time spent with family and friends, time enjoying nature... there's never enough. Your photo of the nest is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree that time with friends & for some family, is never enough. Nature is the balm to my soul.

      Delete
  5. Great capture of the osprey nest! We passed three Bald Eagle nests (with birds in all three) on our way home from Ithaca a couple of weeks ago, but it was raining so I didn't stop for photos. You make me wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. We watched a Red Tail Hawk hunt & swoop on prey today, wish I'd had the camera out, although it happened so fast. It just means you need another trip to Ithaca to capture some photos of the those magnificent Bald Eagles.

      Delete
  6. Read a good book recently - "Where the Crawdads Sing" by Delia Owens. My house guest, Holly the cat, has taken to shredding not just the box from my current jigsaw puzzle but the pieces themselves! Many of them have little pussy teeth marks on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH naughty house guest - thankfully she hasn't stolen any pieces to the puzzle (yet). Thanks for book recommendation Chris.

      Delete
  7. Well your trusting post has me rethinking that summer was dragging alone - thanks for a change in perspective!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all the fun stuff that seems to be whizzing along too quickly, now work is a totally different perspective! (col).

      Delete
  8. That's a great shot of the Osprey nest!

    ReplyDelete