Monday, September 05, 2016

Memorandum Monday - September 5th


Waving an enthusiastic good morning to our hostess, Sian & the other Monday Memo writers & linking in here:  From High In The Sky

It is a holiday weekend for us; Monday is Labour Day & we have nothing planned.

In keeping with Sian's theme of what's new.  I have some more of my scrapping pages.  These pages are so far blank of photos but it goes back to an earlier post where I mentioned my new method of scrapping was to create the layouts first then I know what photos I need; whether verticals or horizontals, squares or the wallet size & to use up my over abundant stash.

The first layout was created with the assistance from a sales person at a favourite scrap store that recently closed.  I already had the floral paper but was stumped at what to use as secondary papers.  So I took the floral in & asked for help in picking some secondary papers. I was shown the papers from the rest of this line, which all co-ordinate nicely. I think these secondary papers, especially the red polka-dots, were a bold choice, something I would not have thought of on my own.  I am happy with the over all end layout. Yeah for me for saying yes to bold & different, that is new



The next finished layout seems to feel like a good winter layout even thought the paper is floral.  Two new techniques - mist spray on the doilies (oh my) & bling jewel accents.


And the last new layout is still under construction, not sure what my finishing bits will be & I definitely will be putting more than just a photo on each page. The flowers have pop dots on them along with a bling jewel in the centre - more new techniques for me.  These pastel colours are more in keeping with my "norm" of scrapping.




Happy week ahead to everyone & this holiday Monday I will continue to work on my PHD - pages half done ... 

My thought for the week:  Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed toSusan Caine


8 comments:

  1. I love that bold red on your layout. Great choice!

    Wishing you a nice day today and a great week, with more scrapping included (if that's what you like..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice way to scrap - adding the photos later. I always start the other way round. But this gives the chance to try out new things more easily without being constrained, which I imagine must be fun. You've got three great contrasting double pagers there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bold colors, too. I'm always interested in the ways people approach scrapbooking. For me, it's always the photos first, and then I figure out what papers, and what kind of layout. Although, it's been awhile since I did any 12X12 pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour combinations. I particularly like the shades of blue and I'm a big fan of polka dots. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I like that thought of the week, although I am prone to embrace that philosophy a little too much. Your pages are pretty - the red dot one with florals is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great - I especially like the first one, great combination of papers.

    What a wonderful thought - exactly what I've been doing lately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see your scrapping pages. It's hard for me to create pages withourpt photos. You have done an awesome job, I say!

    ReplyDelete