It was a weekend of wild weather. Last week the rain washed all the snow away & then on the weekend we had a mixed bag of snow flurries, freezing rain, & just plain rain with all levels of wind. Winds ranging from breezy to gusty with miles per hour attached to it. It was not a nice pretty snow.
So having spent most of the weekend indoors watching Christmas movies & doing some Christmas goodie baking, I'll share a new to me recipe that Mr Man really liked.
Eggnog Cheesecake Bars With Gingersnap Crust
· 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs
· 3 tablespoons sugar
· 4 tablespoons butter, melted
· 2 (8oz/250g) packages cream cheese, softened
· 2 eggs
· 1 egg yolk
· 3/4 cup eggnog
· 3/4 cup sugar
· 4 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
· 1 tablespoon rum extract
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9 square baking pan.
2. Mix gingersnap crumbs, 3 tablespoons of sugar and melted butter in a bowl.
3. Press the mixture in a 9×9 baking pan forming a crust. Bake for 12 minutes.
4. With a mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy.
5. Add ¾ cup sugar, eggs, egg yolk, eggnog, flour, rum extract, vanilla extract, nutmeg and salt. Mix until smooth.
6. Pour cheesecake filling over crust.
7. Put the baking pan in a larger pan and add enough hot water to come halfway up the baking pan.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
9. Remove cheesecake pan from water bath and cool on wire rack for approximately 30 minutes.
10. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Dust with ground nutmeg.