Monday, November 15, 2021

Me On A Monday - November 15th

 

Currently Thankful: Mr Man's eye surgery on the 13th went well.  The doctor doing the procedure was very pleased with his work & says that he may consider doing in Mr Man's other eye in 6 months.  I was very surprised by the number of people having this procedure done on the same day.  Apparently lazar drilling holes in the eye is now common treatment! Also very thankful that the threat of snow went north of us.

Currently Watching: the farmer turn the field over. I hadn't actually heard the tractor, what alerted me to this was all the seagulls flying over head, there were about 100 white seagulls enjoying what ever it was the turned over soil brought up for them.  If history is repeated, next spring, he will plant corn.


Currently Thinking About : Christmas Cards.  My 2021 Christmas card intention was to make an assembly line of all the same card. But after 5 of the same card, I was very much like that dog from the movie "Up" ...squirrel & off I'd go when I'd see some other seasonal paper in my stash & my thoughts would go to "oh I think "x" would really like that paper", now where are those embellishments that would work with that paper & oh wouldn't that embossing folder make for a nice background?  So I started to re-think my Christmas card making; if I'm going to make cards, I'd rather put in the time making an individual card for the recipient.  So hence my Christmas card making is slowing down but I am certainly having lots more fun making.  What about you, do you make your cards?  Try to find a card that matches the person you are sending? 

Currently Celebrating: many November birthdays & this is one of the cards I made for my friend who is about to move house.  Not wanting to add to things she has to pack, I bought her a big variety box of hot chocolate, 1 for everyday before she moves. 

Currently Considering: for my 12 Days of Christmas Blessings.  I found a couple of items about creating blessing bags & distributing. These could include bags for the homeless, a woman's shelter or a local seniors residence & it triggered my own idea for making blessing bags for an animal shelter.  All 4 would be worthy causes. What I ponder is, make 3 bags for the 4 different types of shelters or all 12 for 1 shelter? And for scrap booking the 12 Days, I have paper with the traditional 12 days of Christmas song motifs displayed on the paper. This project is coming together rather nicely. 

Currently Viewing:  the 4th season of Shetland & we have decided we need a break. Season 5 can wait a week or so. This story was very well acted, but an ending that left both Mr Man & myself rather upset.  Not wanting to give the ending for those that have not seen; we wanted a happier ending for a particular character. 

And I'll leave you with this thought ... " you know you are old when the music you listen to while cleaning, was once the music you danced to in the clubs!"



16 comments:

  1. We have just begun season 6. There's only one episode per week, so we can't binge this one. Maybe that is a good thing. I can't really remember how 4 ended although I am pretty sure we've watched it twice. Everything gets jumbled up in my head. I can't remember being upset though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get season 5 of Shetland, but we'll have to wait probably until next year for season 6. I think this is such a well acted series, I hope there's a season 7,8,9, ++++

      Delete
  2. I am glad the snow missed you - it's too early for that! Lovely birthday card. I am somewhere in between on my Christmas cards. There usually will be half a dozen one of a kind cards, but then I generally make a few other designs of which I craft 10-12 of each. I was just blogging today that it is time to start in earnest on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susanne, the birthday card was well received by m6y friend, so that makes it so worth while to make. We did not miss the snow on Sunday, but thankfully we had no where to be, so I could stay inside & say "oh how pretty" (col). You do make a lot of cards, 80 Christmas cards - WOW.

      Delete
  3. I'm so pleased that the eye surgery went well. I'm a little squeamish about eyes, and the thought of lasers drilling holes into them makes me shudder!
    You certainly are productive with your card making - but I can understand that it would be easy to get distracted by thinking about different papers and embellishments for different recipients. I'm sure they will all be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Hallmark will never have to worry about me & my card making, but I must admit I really enjoy the crafting & I am trying to be confident with stamping. Oh the very though of all that Mr Man endures with this eye makes me cringe - he's very brave.

      Delete
  4. That's good news about Mr Man's eye treatment ... so pleased it went well.

    I can't remember the details of season 4 of Shetland so may have to watch it again. Your comment has intrigued me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than the extra drops for the eye, he's not having any side affects, which is such a relief - not sure how soon he's suppose to see improvements. I'll message you about Shetland.

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear that Mr Man's surgery went well.
    I'm not a card maker, so I buy my cards ... but I do try to match the cards to the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth, so far there's been no side affects. You do send very beautiful cards.

      Delete
  6. I'm happy to hear the eye surgery went well. I hadn't realized there were 5 seasons of Shetland. We love that series but had lost track of new seasons. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shetland is currently on season 6! I can only get up to season 5 from the library right now. We are tossing around the idea of just spending the money & getting BritBox.

      Delete
  7. Glad to read that Mr. Man's eye surgery went well; hope the recovery is going well, too. Beautiful birthday card! As for Christmas cards, I always have the best of intentions to make mine and mail early, but, I never seem to! And the ones I do manage to make look like a kindergartener made them! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Bless for the well wishes for Mr Man. I've seen your cards that you create, they are lovely & I think anyone receiving would be glad to receive. I've always said Hallmark will never fear my crafting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy to hear the eye surgery was successful! Love the birthday card you made. My Christmas card production varies year to year. Some years I made 60 of the same card. I now send even more than that and so far I've made a selection of individual cards (for individual friends/family), a group of 25 cards, a group of 12 cards, etc. I have close to 70 completed so will finish up with individual ones I know I want to make. I haven't run out of ideas yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I like the b-day card & have made a couple similar ones. You send a lot of Christmas cards. I thought trying to make 25-30 was a lot! It's not ideas I run out of, it's time & willingness, LOL.

      Delete