Tuesday, November 02, 2021

31 Days of Thankful -26-31st

 

Source: Internet


For October I'll be posting Thankful Tuesday & sharing what I have been grateful for during the week.  

With this post, it wraps up my 2021, 31 Days of Thankful, which I have found as always a good reminder to stop & say thank you for all that I have been given & blessed with.

October 26th: during one of those endless Zoom meetings, we had a break so we could free chat (it almost sounds like we are now free range chickens ...) I chatted with a woman I knew to be an avid scrap booker & I had several weeks ago introduced her to uTube Scrapbook Quebec. Well I mentioned that I really like Dorothy's dish & cutlery border & doesn't Zoom scrapper say "oh I have that punch" & has offered to punch out several strips of that border for me!  Gosh I like scrap bookers.  

October 27th: a real change in the weather for the good - gorgeous all day sunshine & milder temperatures, so nice that the windows could be open all day.

October 28th: installation of new bathroom ensuite counter was quick, professional & worth the investment. Corian gave us the option to have the sink molded right into the counter; an option we really like.  

October 29th: last minute grocery order still gave us a workable pick up/curbside time option.  I am considering an in person for the next shop, the location of the grocery store is in the city next to us & they haven't had any new COVID cases in 3 days, an encouraging sign. Also got a free package of plant protein "chick'n" tenders from the grocery store. I have yet to try, but on the menu for Tuesday of next week.

October 30th: from the library, (finally) the 2nd disc for the Accused series to be complete, along with series 1 & 2 of Shetland. Thought we'd try this new to us series.  Lots of watching materials for the rainy weekend.

October 31st: Halloween was a rather non-event in our neighbourhood; I guess too windy, too rainy, too chilly.  Thankfully a quiet evening with no wild bonfire parties and/or fireworks.

19 comments:

  1. I did a lot of grocery pickup during this episode, but I have been actual shopping for a few months now. Our district is doing very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am encouraged to hear you say this, I must admit to struggling with a return to in person shopping - the whole of the pandemic has not been kind to my anxiety.

      Delete
  2. It's always lovely to chat with a fellow scrapbooker - I tend to find that scrapbookers are always willing to swap/gift stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've recently "acquired" another scrapping/stamping contact who is willing to loan me a stamp set - I am excited to use to make some Christmas things with it. I'll say no more for now.

      Delete
  3. I've enjoyed this series and it inspired me to start a gratitude list on my Notes app. Don't imagine I'll publish it, but it's a great reminder that I am blessed many times over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Karen I am glad I could inspire you. I may try another thankful project - The 12 Days of Christmas Blessings, I need a fresh approach to some of the Christmas celebrations. :)

      Delete
  4. Halloween was a non-event at my house too. I heard all the local kids charging up and down the road and generally having a good time though. Bonfire parties and fireworks will be this weekend in the UK - Bonfire Night is November 5th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonfire Night (Guy Fawkes) isn't a big celebration anymore, it was when I was a kid (my Gran's influence I am sure). Fireworks locally don't need any rhyme or reason - I'll say no more.

      Delete
  5. I have read the books for Shetland, as well as watched the series. I think you will like it! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn. We are well into the Shetland series of #1 & #2 & we really like the characters. Still waiting for the library to get the last season of Line of Duty.

      Delete
  6. Thankful it hasn't snowed yet although it was cold enough today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAH - oh Chris I am with you about the snow. This morning (Wed) the reports were about west of us, London & Kitchener having snow on the roads! Too early!

      Delete
  7. Lots of things to be thankful for and about to close out your month of being thankful! It really does help to pause and reflect on what one is thankful for, each day, isn't it? I hope the month of November will be as filled with thankfulness. We are celebrating Thanksgiving this month, down here; one of the things I'm thankful for is having my daughter home with me at Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. Yes it certainly has been a blessing for both you & your daughter to be together for a good part of this year. I may do the 12 Days of Christmas Blessings this year as a change up of my usual 12 Days celebrations.

      Delete
  8. Will be interesting to hear how you find the plant protein 'chick'n' We are trying to incorporate some vegetarian 'fake meat' meals into our week, so far I have only tried veggie burgers which are delicious. I will wait to hear what you think of chicken substitute!
    How lucky to meet a generous fellow scrapbooker - will be interesting to see what you make with that new border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy the new to me plant protein "chick'n tenders" I was looking for an alternative to all the soy I eat & this might be it. The package came with a spice sauce which I did not use & the bread coating on the pieces needed a little scrape off of most of it - too many carbs. I may try other varieties of these company's plant protein products. Not sure if you can get the same brands your side of the pond; my favorite is Gardein.

      Delete
  9. Lovely sunny days, no matter what the temperature, always lift the spirits and they feel like real treats the closer we get to winter! It's lovely when another person unexpectedly helps out with providing or lending something. I hope you get great use out of the gifted borders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lady Ella, I couldn't agree more about sunny days lifting the spirits & during November when we are gifted with those moments of sunshine, I relish them more because they are so brief in this month. I have just one layout in mind for the cutlery border but hoping I get a few strips to hoard (col).

      Delete
  10. Free-range chickens - that made me laugh today! I agree, scrapbookers are the best! So glad the new bathroom counter install went smoothly - isn't it fun to get upgrades like that done!

    We're still doing curbside pickup for most groceries, but every month Robbie goes inside and does a "meat buy" to fill the freezer. That way he can pick out the meats we like that look the best and are on sale.

    ReplyDelete