Tuesday, October 26, 2021

31 Days of Thankful - Day 19-25th

 

Source: Internet

For October I'll be posting Thankful Tuesday & sharing what I have been grateful for during the week. 

October 19th: Our new flooring arrived at the warehouse & it is even nicer than the little 6"X6" sample.  At the warehouse they re-rolled on the narrow side, so we could bring home in the car. Our contractor will install.

October 20th: Outside, socially distance meet up with my friend from BC who I haven't seen in 3 years. We walked a trail that I had been looking forward to exploring. Thankfully the weather held off the nastiest part of the day until after our visit. It was SO good to connect with this friend. We both got teary at our parting; we both realized how much we have missed our time together. She is the type of (wonderful) friend where no topic is unspeakable. We talk about everything & anything & we often do not agree on things, but it is always a good discussion because we listen to each other's opinion, point of few & admit when we are mistaken. We also share lots of chuckles & of course we talk horses. What's not to miss about this!?!?  

October 21st: I am thankful that a bit of ice & rest worked a trick quickly on my back, which I think suffered because of the wrong foot wear for walking yesterday - my bad! Still no regrets for that walk with my friend.

October 22nd: We got our Flu Jab ! Thankfully we have a fabulous in town pharmacist who is a gifted needle administrator - we don't even feel the needle. She's also the kindest of ladies.  I am also thankful that this all taken care of by OHIP our provincial medical coverage. 

October 23rd: Looking for something in my crafting closet lead to a major tidy up & re-organization. I now have a stash busting box of donations for the local nursery school craft time.  I think this worked so well because I was not planning it, I was not even consciously de-cluttering, it all felt more like play.  And yes I found what I was looking for.

October 24th:  The vinegar & water spray killed off the green mold on the patio carpet & the rain rinsed for us. Now it is time to roll & put away for the winter.  This truly is the signal that the 2021 season of patio sitting is over. 😢  Mr Man was feeling a little blue in the evening & I found a PBS special that cheered him right up; Sarah Brightman's 2020 Christmas Symphony.

October 25th: With only 2 months to Christmas, I saw a perfect gift, I told Santa, he ordered, just in time as they have now sold out!  Timing even for Santa is everything.

18 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your gratitude lists. The last one gave me a good morning chuckle! Timing is probably more important than ever this year if the news is correct about shipping and availability. Happy to hear you had such a satisfying meet-up with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of our regular places for purchases sent everyone an email that shipping costs are rising because of the holiday season, so we got two weeks notice to get orders in before the increase. I use to do curbside pick up but they moved just a little too far west for easy drive to.

      Delete
  2. Ah, the flu jab. I hope our doc calls soon as I prefer to get it from her. If necessary, I will go to the pharmacy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our doctor's office doesn't call, so isn't that good that your doctor follows up. I have been discovering just how much a pharmacist can do for us.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed reading your gratitude list. Sounds like you're ready for the holiday season (got your flu shot and early heads up for Santa). I see that you're also in Ontario. May i ask which part? Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Natalie. I try not to get too ahead of myself for the Christmas season. We are in what is deemed the fringes of south western Ontario, in a little village outside of a big university city :)

      Delete
  4. Thumbs up for flu jabs and reconnecting with lovely friends. (I've been called for my Covid booster, so I am thankful for that. :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah to getting the booster jab. I am sure there's a certain peace of mind that comes with that.

      Delete
  5. Oh I'm so pleased you managed to get some quality time out with your friend, you can't put a price on times like that.
    I am sure Santa was pleased that you were able to point him in the right direction at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully this year Santa did not hesitate when I sent the request! (col) I am blessed that the few friends I have are good quality relationships :)

      Delete
  6. How lovely to have such a good friend and to be able to spend time with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me feel good to have such friends & I know that there's FaceTime, Zoom & the phone to keep the connections.

      Delete
  7. How lovely that you were able to spend time with your friend. A treasured memory to fill you with joy for a while xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had taken some photos that day - just as I set up for a photo of art in the park, my batteries are exhausted message popped up - the extras were on the table at home!

      Delete
  8. What a lovely list of things for which you are thankful! So happy for you that you were able to have a visit with your good friend and go on a walk together; glad, too, that the back ache went away with some ice and rest! Well done on getting your flu shot and making sure Santa ordered your gift in good time! Two months till Christmas! Time to start on that list and check it twice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been far too visits with friends since March 2020, so each one since has been most treasured. Getting my flu jab early keeps the doctor from having to remind us (lol).

      Delete
  9. Oh, it sounds like a lovely walk and meet-up with your friend!! We've been getting out for longer walks as the weather is really nice here, and we were able to visit some family last month that we haven't seen in a while. We got our flu shots as well, early last month. And I cleaned out some items and donated to a young friend of mine who is a first year art teacher. Seems like we had several similar experiences last month!

    ReplyDelete