Monday, October 02, 2017

Memo, Mail & Me, It's Monday October 2nd

Good morning to everyone - I hope that you are all having a wonderful start to the day.  I really enjoy when a new month, October, starts at the beginning of the week, Sunday.  It ticked several aspects of being "that type" of person.  All good.

It's good to be back after a blog break, not that I intended it to be so long, but boy did life get right up in my face.

The welcome memo to the new front desk receptionist was sent & she starts today at 2pm.  I think she will be a good fit, she's local only wants part time & not that this had anything to do with swinging things her in favour, but she scrapbooks!  Finally I have someone to talk scrapping with although she did not know about December Daily.  Tea breaks will look after introducing her to that!
We have not as yet secured a new physio therapist, but in this circus that is not a monkey I have to worry about!

In our province our health care is taken seriously & they send reminders to you about check ups for certain types of cancers.  Since all the tests are free, it is just a simple job of making the appointment.  In the mail last week, I received two notices for certain tests, appointments booked & I give thanks for health care.

I attended another card making (mostly stamping) workshop - oh the fun that I (me) had. 

In the shopping basket this week, my latest discovery; Cauliflower & Broccoli tots - oh my goodness they were delicious!  Mr Man did not know he was eating vegetables, he thought they were "tater tots".  These item are back on the grocery list.

Our church is having a new type of fund raiser; "Time, Talent & Treasures".  They are asking people to either donate an item (treasure) or a talent (teaching someone to do something you are good at) or time (doing something for someone).   I am sorting through things I haven't used but thought at the time they were much needed items ... I'll say no more about that folly of shopping!

ReadingMy Last Lament.  It was a random choice, just saw it displayed at the library & the jacket review made it sound a good read.  I'm half way through.  Very interesting in that it's the story of a last lamenter in Greece & her tale of how she began during World War II.  Never read anything on that perspective - interesting with a few historical facts worn into the story.

I am also reading the latest issue of the Creative Scrapbooker (formerly known as Canadian Scrapbooker).

Last week in the midst of work chaos was the sale closing of the farm that I ride at (now I have to change that to rode at) so I had to take a really quick tour of the farm to take lots of photos.  I must admit it was not only tears that were shed but I had several sobbing moments.  All the horses have been moved to other stables, a couple of the horses are moving just up the road from me (yeah) & the lady that did mucking, feeding & turn out, is also moving to work at the stable up the road (yeah).  The man that has bought the property decided in the end he didn't want boarders, won't live there immediately & he is gutting the barn, the arena, the house & the stable help apartment!  He paid 2.6 million (Canadian dollars) for this beautiful property & he wants to gut it!  More money than .... I'll say no more.

So that's my long winded catch up.
 

15 comments:

  1. It seems like you are forever getting new receptionists at your work! I hope this is a good one. Do you have your own horse that you boarded at that farm, or were you riding one of theirs? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn. I was currently just riding one of their horses & not as often as I'd like, it was more when their lives got busy or vacations. I am hoping that the stable up the road is an option. Their new owner I use to ride with, so she knows me. Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. Here's hoping your new receptionist works out and that you get to spend many happy tea breaks discussing scrapbooking with her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a good feeling about this lady. I cannot wait to discuss December Daily with her (col), plus she likes tea over the normal coffee everyone else drinks, so now I can share my pot of tea!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the latest recruit. Sad about the stables. I hope you find somewhere else to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. I cannot believe the tears I have shed over the farm being sold. I don't like this change but I get why the owners themselves needed a change.

      Delete
  4. Liking the sound of that new colleague! Fingers crossed it's 405th (seems like it!) time lucky with her!
    Do hope all works out for your riding plans going forward. Change can be so sad and unsettling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas new hire has a bad head cold so she was having a rather rough start to training ... but she was eager to get doing rather than listening. It seems like 405 to me too! Nothing firm in place for riding as yet.

      Delete
  5. Fingers crossed indeed! It's been a long haul finding someone who works out and stays! So sorry about the horse farm---it's amazing how much money some people have (and what they choose to do with it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2nd to last staff person, the one that gave notice sent an email last night looking for a reference to her "dream job". Slap in the face but I will do. I am so amazed at the farm's new owner, all the stalls were just done 4 years ago, beautiful oak stall fronts & he was to tear this all out! Of course I am basis to how wonderful this place is.

      Delete
  6. So lovely to "see" you back! How exciting that the new co-worker scrapbooks - definitely some great tea-time discussions coming soon there! I've never heard of a last lamenter??? Those tots sound interesting - wonder if we have them around here! And I like the sound of the church fundraiser - great way to get everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard about lamenters but nothing from the Greek perspective of WWII, not a book I liked alot but still an interesting read. The characters just didn't connect with me. I would like to read more about lamenters & death eaters, which are from 12/13 century England.

      Delete
  7. Someone to share tea and scrapbooking with who is around several days a week? Oh, heaven! Sorry to hear about the closing down of the stables, and hoping you find somewhere you can ride that isn't too far away ... Good luck with the tests too.

    ReplyDelete