Friday, November 01, 2019

TGIF - A Month of Thanksgiving #5

Thank you to Dr Brene Brown for this change up on TGIF; Trusting, Grateful, Inspired & Fun.

Trusting: that this new chapter in my life is a page turner of joy, wonderment & personal growth.  I have struggled with some of my decisions moving into a life I want.   I envy people that can make tough decisions quickly & then make the most of that decision.  Me, I'm a brooder, worrier & a waffler.  
Grateful: for the people that have read my blog posts over the years & for those leaving comments.  It has truly amazed me where this blogging journey has gone; is going.

Inspired: by a lovely letter from a patient couple at my last clinic job.  She & He did notice all those little extra bits of attention to detail.  It mattered.  My last two paid jobs certainly felt like that joke quote; "doing a good job here is like wetting yourself in a dark suit, it gives you a warm feeling but nobody notices."

Fun:  having the time to play with all my acquired stamping stuff &  getting into my stash of scrapping stuff.  I also attended a specialty  card making workshop.  It's amazing how the mind opens to being more creative when it's not bogged down with worries & stuff. 

November's Angel Thought is "Retreat" .  

14 comments:

  1. Your observation about worrying and creativity spoke to me. Creating has saved me in times of great worry and/or stress. Even reading couldn't distract me, but making a card or doing a scrapbook layout took my mind off the problems. How lovely that the couple took the time to thank you---I'm sure many more appreciated your kindness, but didn't think to put it into words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen & crafting has been/will be a suave to my bruised self (ego) for a few months yet. Which turns out to help me get my Christmas cards done, catch up on my Grateful project & finish off last year's DD!

      Delete
  2. I do aim for a "Be here now" philosophy, but it can be hard to stay here now in my thoughts. I love your phrase, "a page turner of joy, wonderment & personal growth" and trust this season of your life blesses you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am working to stay in the moment, not rushing the moment, the day or the season. It's work & sometimes I just need to stay out of my head.

      Delete
  3. Keeping busy helps the time pass and keeps one sane. So does taking time for oneself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see my crafting as two fold, but mostly it gives me joy, not that I've very good at it, but I try & I enjoy.

      Delete
  4. I'm one of those brooders and worriers but boy does it feel good when you do finally make a big decision! Your 'inspired' comment reminded me of when I worked in the complaints department for a holiday travel company, we had that on a poster in the office - sometimes it felt very true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that sometimes things have to be done without fanfare, but it wore me down after a while that neither of the clinic boss men I worked for, seemed to notice or care about a job well done, but oh watch out if something got missed ... I'll say no more.

      Delete
  5. I am glad that you set your worries aside and enjoyed some creative time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a fellow crafter, I know you understand that joy creating brings.

      Delete
  6. I love the wonderful colours in your first two photos. I'm a worrier and sometimes spent too long brooding over things in my head to the detriment of everything else, so I too am trying to enjoy the moment. I don't find it easy but am getting better with practice, so I hope the same happens for you. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen. The Autumn colours this year have been spectacular. Many of your blog posts continue to inspire me to make the most of moments.

      Delete
  7. Lovely autumn oranges in this post, but I particularly like the third photo. Would love to kick through that lot! All our fallen leaves are a soggy mess! It's definitely true that when I have had a big sort out or got to the end of a long to-do list, my mind finds space for fun ideas of things to do, or the way to tackle a certain project. All the best with your decisions and plans going forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Ella. Yes kicking through (dry) leaves can be cathartic & with a little bit of whimsy thrown in.

      Delete