Monday, May 18, 2020

Me On A Monday - May 18th

Greetings & Salutations on this holiday Monday.  Being that we are still mostly on lock down, it's hard to get excited that this is a long weekend - we have been on a long weekend since March 12th. 
This weekend is also traditionally the start of the summer season for us, when Ontarians open their cottages & get their boats in the water, go camping or start planting out their annuals.  Although between Mother Earth & Mother Nature there's a plot a foot to keep us mostly indoors.  And please do not get me started on those Murder Hornets invading us now!  It does feel like Stephen King is writing a 2020 series.  I am not liking series 1 at all!
 Currently Reading:  an e-book on the life & memories of Albert Estein's first wife, Mileva Marić.  It was a book suggested to me by the online library. So far, interesting, not that I totally understand physics but you don't need to really & it seems to be a story more about being a women struggling in the 1800's, with the world's perception of what a woman is capable of, a woman's own perception of what she's capable of & it's a love story.

Currently Crafting:  came across this paper in my Christmas stash & thought it would make a choice for my COVID-19 pages.  Those circles just remind me of the pictures we see of the Corona virus.  I did order a small package of  Corona scrapping paper.  I am impressed by the number of companies that have gotten things created so quickly to bring to market.  


 Currently Received: the last of my monthly subscription for a stamping kit.  This month's theme was rainbows, which is very timely given that rainbows & butterflies have become a worldwide theme of hope in the pandemic.  I am considering extending this subscription for another few months as we move from Stay At Home to Safer At Home. (Although I believe we will be moving to Get Back Home & Stay There)

"Strong walls, may shake, but they never collaspe"   ... maybe they cry a little, slam a few doors but they are still standing tall & carrying the load.  (me, I said that).


24 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be surprised if we are ordered back to lockdown if reports of stupid behaviour on failing to follow the new rules are anything to go by. In Trowbridge, 24 youths met up at the skateboard park, all huddled together! The other side of my village a party of 30+ adults was broken up by police and the organisers have been officially cautioned. If this is representative of the rest of the UK I think we'll see another spike very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The authorities know that given the attitude of some, relaxation of some lock down rules should have been slower. Some people will always take a mile when given a few inches.

      Delete
  2. I had a chuckle at today's quotation! Never forget that you're not alone in this and give yourself grace.
    Here's another link to a few Covid-related freebies: https://limecitron.blogspot.com/2020/03/fichier-covid-19-gratuit.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for those links. Thanks for the encouragement. I just want to not think about the constant food need, the what, the prep ... yes I laugh at myself because given the world situation, I am thankful we have food.

      Delete
  3. Happy Victoria Day to you! And yes, we have been on a long weekend for a while now! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn. So far this weekend a few folks have gone a little over board with the relaxation of the rules, the Ontario infection rate numbers have gone up in just 2 days.

      Delete
  4. I really hope that we don't enter a 'get back home and stay there' phase! Hopefully the majority of us are acting carefully and sensibly and that the others who have lost interest in keeping safe don't spoil it for the rest of us.
    Looks like you have plenty of supplies to keep you occupied indoors safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hope is that the majority get why we stayed home for nearly 3 months & take the responsible approach to the relaxed rules. Social distancing & face masks, IMO, a must for this next phase. Yes lots of things to play & be creative with - I am very fortunate that way. :)

      Delete
  5. I agree it feels like Stephen is writing this year. The quote is suitable for our managing of life these days. Still Standing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than Shawshank Redemption, I have not liked Stephen King. Yes we are still standing, although some days I do have a little droop ...

      Delete
  6. I love your tulip. It looks like a piece of candy. We here have not changed our behaviour since the lockdown changes. I'm in no hurry to go anywhere but I don't like what here about what people are up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Man & I definitely are still on team Stay Home, go out only when absolutely necessary. The virus has not gone away, social distancing & mask are a must to stem the tide of turning to a second wave.

      Delete
  7. Rain today may have doused some people gatherings. I'm just happy to stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Mother Nature is definitely on team stay home. I was happy that in spite of being told no to fireworks that some were going to - again Mother Nature said I don't think so.

      Delete
  8. Is the title of your book, The Other Einstein? Tracy read that and really liked it, but he said it made him angry that women were so ignored. That looks like a great stamp set. Hoping to see what you create with it. I love my monthly stamp kit. It took me awhile to realize I could opt out of a month if it didn't appeal to me, and I've only taken advantage of that 3-4 times. Last month there was no kit due to the virus, but this month's theme is butterflies, and I'm anxious to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is called The Other Einstein. I find it sometimes hard to believe what women had to put up with & unfortunately some still do. I just found out that I can opt out for a month also, now that really convinces me to start a new subscription. I think June's kit is lemons & the colour yellow.

      Delete
  9. That paper does have the look of COVID-19! Enjoy those FUN subscription items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. I picked up my Photoplay package of papers, Living The Quarantine Life, so it will tie in with my stash papers.

      Delete
  10. Some days it does feel a little surreal and like something from a movie but I tell myself that it's all for a good reason. It sounds like you are coping the same way many of us are. Good days and bad. Enjoy crafting with your new supplies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz. I am so thankful that I am having mostly good to ok days. The down days are usually sorted with a walk in the fresh air & a cup of tea (trying not to include a cookie).

      Delete
  11. Yes, that paper does bring to mind the COVID illustrations we cannot seem to get away from these days. I can feel all the little annoyances building up, I think another good cry is in my future - it does help - for a time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had many more moments of on the verge of tears, just wish I could get full into it, I know I'd feel better.

      Delete
  12. I am continuing to stay home, although I've gone to the grocery store twice to do a pick up and have gone to a couple of places to do drop offs. But, I am definitely in the Safer at Home team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the majority of people are feeling that for now. I was encouraged today to see so many wearing masks, mind you we were at a medical office, so mandatory there.

      Delete