Monday, November 13, 2023

Me On A Monday - November 13th

 

Smoke enjoying some late afternoon sunbugs


Hello & Good Morning.

Currently Reading: The first book in Elly Griffiths new murder mystery series; The Stranger Diaries.  I really like Elly's style of writing, in all of her books, especially the Ruth Galloway books, she pulls you into the story in the first line or two.  The only, not my favourite element of reading this book, is that I have to read on my ipad & I don't really like the method.  I want to hold a book, I want to engage with the story by turning pages, that sound holds its own intrigue. 

I have waiting for me at the library the first book of my Christmas reading. I've decided to start a little earlier & also I want to read Christmas themed books that I have not read before.  First up will be: "In Joy to the World", three popular authors come together to offer a heartwarming collection of holiday Regency romance. Based on lines from a beloved Christmas carol, these three novellas in one book have depth, faith, and satisfying stories all packed into the perfect length for readers to curl up and take a brief break from their holiday busyness.  

Currently Helping: my friend that has the pool, bring some of her patio plants indoors & moving all the patio furniture to a central gathering place & covering for the winter.  I spent the rest of the afternoon with ice on my back.  

November seems to be that in between time; summer so long ago & spring so far away.

Currently Purging: my email inbox of far too many messages from all the decluttering experts.  If not all, at least 99% of them want me to buy one or all of their products. No thanks, delete.  

And now on with the week ...  one of my tasks for the week is to call people of the church congregation & convince them to make at least four dozen cookies for the cookie trays sold at the bazaar.  Wish me luck with the sales pitch.🍪🎅  

20 comments:

  1. I love that definition of November--one of my least favorite months so one of the months I am much more intentional about making a list of gratitudes. It's pretty dreary here, and I miss the patio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen & believe it or not, it's a quote about November of my own making (col). November does require some intentional thinking & planning.

      Delete
  2. Your description of November is absolutely spot on!
    I’m sure a few compliments on people’s cooking will soon ensure you will have a good supply of cookies for sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far with the cookie calls, it's no to baking & saying they would rather donate money. November is always a difficult transition month for me.

      Delete
  3. Galloway was a great series IMO. I think it would adapt well to tv. I don't know why they are filming a new Rebus when there are series like Galloway. Not that Rebus is bad, but it has been done. I think you'll like the new series. I believe there are three already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Galloway books would make great TV. Good to hear that I've got at least two more books in the new series. I see quite a waiting list at our library for book two!

      Delete
  4. Good luck with your sales pitch! Smoke is a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn. Smoke is such a sweet kitty girl. Both girls are cuddly kitties which makes me very happy.

      Delete
  5. As we move towards December and Christmas, I shall be re-reading One Day in December.
    I hope your back is feeling better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back is feeling much better thank you. Re-reading is like visiting friends. I just may reread one previously enjoyed Christmas book. My picks for all new is running into a block that the library doesn't have them all.

      Delete
  6. Two more books for the list thank you. It's always a pain to have to put away your garden for winter, but better than finding it in next doors if the weather gets bad!! Fingers crossed for the cookie pitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do highly recommend any of Elly Griffiths books; her Ruth Galloway series is a favourite. Yes nothing worse than having to knock on the neighbour's door to return items blown about from their yard, that caused damage in our yard.

      Delete
  7. It's amazing the amount of clutter those de-cluttering systems provide lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was getting really annoying the amount of emails these decluttering experts were sending. I've did a major un-scribing decluttering.

      Delete
  8. Oh, I do hope your back is feeling better! Love that picture of Smoke enjoying a spot in the sun! I am currently reading two of the books you had mentioned in previous posts. I have requested an earlier book by one of the authors (about the blocks to decluttering) because I think that will help me more. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead of your and that Mr. Man's eye is doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless, which books? I hope you are enjoying. I think the one about blocks to decluttering is the Tracy McCubbin book. I did un-scribe from her emails, but I did like her take on the why magnets of clutter. Knowing my magnet has made some of my decluttering easier & it certainly had me stop adding to my crafting stash. Smoke does like her sun spots. Thanks for asking about Mr Man's eyes - it continues to be up & down but mostly up this week :)

      Delete
    2. I finished the Tracy McCubbin book about clutter magnets and I have requested her previous book about the blocks to decluttering. I think I will find that book more useful at this stage (I don't buy a lot of things, anymore). The other book that I am reading that you've mentioned is the Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams. I'm only about 1/3 of the way, but, I'm enjoying it.

      Delete
    3. From several comments, I didn't realize that the Dictionary of Lost Words was so popular. Good luck with Tracy's first book. :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks. She doesn't like the camera pointed at her, but her sister does, she's the ham of the two. :)

      Delete