Monday, April 29, 2024

Me On Monday - April 29th

 To round off my month of Wisdom quotes about decluttering .. I've linked in two articles that I received in my news feed from Joshua Becker at Becoming Minimalist.  I will say upfront, I am not a minimalist & I don't agree with everything in either article, but like any information given to us, we take what we want or need, & ignore what doesn't sit with us. 

The first article was written by Myquilyn Smith of The Nesting Place. I posted her article about hushing a home.

5 House Rules To Make Minimalizing Work For Any Style


And the 2nd article, also from Joshua Becker at Becoming Minimalist, was also written by him,  is about wants & needs.  I like that he has not made this versus between wants & needs, he's not setting up a battle.

How-to-distinguish-between-wants-and-needs

Hope everyone has a good week.

PS: in case anyone is wondering why I am either not commenting on their posts or making short comments ... Blogger is not being very friendly to me & it seems any comment beyond one line is rejected.  I have no idea why ...


12 comments:

  1. There is definitely a big difference between 'wants' and 'needs'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There definitely is a difference & I know that sometimes I make a want into a need!

      Delete
  2. Are you trying to comment from the computer? I find it's much more reliable than phones etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strictly from a computer, my phone is so old it isn't capable to handle that level of technology. :)

      Delete
  3. That is too bad about Blogger. Good to know you are alive and well, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am alive & well. Blogger is becoming more bother than worth it. :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the links to the articles. I enjoyed reading them. Hope all is well with you and Mr. Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the articles. All is well with us, thank you for asking.

      Delete
  5. I'm still spring cleaning, so decluttering is on my mind. I agree with Deb that there is definitely a big difference between 'wants' and 'needs'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any season of cleaning for me throws me into thinking of decluttering - I hate dusting! Because the painters are arriving earlier than originally scheduled, we are doing a little hushing throughout the rooms being painted.

      Delete
  6. I really enjoy Joshua Beckers writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you here Angela, thanks for visiting. Joshua often makes some excellent points, sometimes too close to the bone (col).

      Delete