Monday, January 07, 2019

Me On A Monday - January 7th

Good Morning to you all.  In this part of the world we are all asking the question, "where is the sun"  it has been far too many days living in grey dull overcast skies.  Tomorrow's forecast is Snow; Freezing Rain; Rain - it all depends on the low & the high what we end up with but surely it will be messy.
The Run That Runs Through Our Village
 Currently:

ReadingLeaders Eat Last.  It's quite like a textbook read about the successful leaders who are also bosses, CEOs or mangers. Not all mangers, bosses or CEOs are leaders!  I watched a couple of TED Talks with Simon regarding managing & one in particular was on how to manger Milennials successfully.  

From Under The Tree: new flannel bedsheets & pjs & bed socks - all Christmas gifts.  I wouldn't normally pick such a print for my sheets but they do work for the months of winter.  In case any one wonders the difference between regular socks & bed socks, it's the cuff, very loose on bed socks & they are also much fuzzier.  I felt very co-originated climbing in to bed Saturday night.

Gifting:  I received some very generous happy mail - this little gift book "hope, dream" is so very appreciated & a good source for some end of post quotes.  It's a sister book to my "Smile" gift book received last year.

Entertaining:  we hosted a little gathering of the ladies that did our roof this past October to say thank you.  The lady that owns the company is also part of the duo that comes every 5 weeks to trim our fur girls nails.  So needless to say, neither cat made an appearance all afternoon/evening for fear of having their nails trimmed.   Mr Man & I really enjoyed the company of these three ladies.  Lots of laughs, interesting & varied conversation & Mr Man & I wondered out loud after they left why we don't entertain more, especially since they brought us a large tin of chocolates & two bottles of wine ...
The Chocolates The Ladies Brought Us


"our little boats set sail on an unknown ocean & at this we are afraid.  But we are a part of wonder.  The sea is bright with marvels, the sky is awash with starts.  And we are alive in the midst of them." Pam Brown  (hope dream giftbook)

15 comments:

  1. Oh the luxury of climbing into bed with soft fluffy bed socks on! I hate having cold feet. Love that comment about the cats being scared to come in the room where the nail clipping lady was! Sounds like you have some cold weather coming in, those socks will be seeing a lot of use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold feet are SO uncomfortable. One of our cats is SO people shy but the little one is usually quite social & loves the attention she gets. The nail ladies, hold her against her will & she's not forgiving of that!

      Delete
  2. I love bed socks when it's chilly! I'm also lucky enough to own 2 pairs which were knitted by the lovely Sian (how I wish she would return to blogging ...) Yours look very snugly and paired with flannelette sheets - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you in that wish, please Sian if you are scrolling through any of our blogs, know that we miss you!!! I SO like sleeping on/in flannel sheets.

      Delete
  3. I have the same thoughts running around my head about why I don't entertain more. I enjoy it so much when I do, but can't really work out why I don't! I've made a start anyway with the monthly film nights but that's not really an evening of chatting so ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that we can easily find the excuse, well with work & all, but I really want to work on that not that I want to do this every weekend but certainly we are hoping for at least bi-month (every other month). Your film nights do sound like fun & a great way to create a conversation & reason why.

      Delete
  4. that book looks lovely, such a pretty colour. Happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It's much warmer here in Tennessee lol! Your pjs -I'd call them lounge-wear and wear them not just for sleeping ;) - look toasty warm. That candy tin is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't opened the tin of chocolates yet - once open the temptation is far too great for me ... in Star Trek terms "resistance is futile "

      Delete
  6. Me too - I'm enjoying snuggling in with fleecy jimjams, bedsocks and flannelette duvet cover. Oh it can be hard to get up in the morning! Glad you had a nice social evening and that you like the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sound like an old granny but when there's flannel to be worn or slept in, I cannot wait to get into bed! I do like the book & thank you again.

      Delete
  7. Love the pj's and bed socks. My grandchildren in Wisconsin wear fuzzy bed socks! This is the second blog post I've read this morning wondering about the January weather! It's certainly been fickle. I'm looking forward to five days in Florida with much warmer temperatures and lots of sun. I decided earlier this month, I'd trade warm temps with clouds for cooler (colder) ones with sun if I had the choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Karen the lack of sunshine is really wearing me down - so dark & dreary all day although there was a glimmer of some brightness yesterday morning for about an hour - not sunshine but at least not the cloud cover. It makes it really hard to get out there to take photos & nearly impossible indoors. I hope you enjoy your Florida days - please bring some back with you & then push a little north west :)

      Delete
  8. We've had a lot of gray days around here, too, but the sun peeks through every few days so it hasn't been terrible. Such cozy gifts from under the tree - I got some bed socks this year at a gift exchange & they are very soft.

    ReplyDelete