Thursday, January 03, 2019

Take Three Thursday & WPSH Combo


In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.   What have you noticed this week?  

Please have a peek at what others have found this week:
Melissa at: Bits & Pieces 
Mrs Wookie at: Mrs Wookies Wanderings
Alexa at: Trimming The Sails

This week my threesome are also submissions for the WPSH, hosted by Eileen at:  A Bracelet Of Days

Here's the full list for anyone who hasn't seen it.

1. At the end of the day
2. Pool of light
3. Fastener
4. Nail
5. A group activity
6. Water dispenser
7. Horse
8. Chocolate
9. Peel/peeling
10. Holly
11. Dressed for the season
12. Glitter
13. An instruction
14. A crossing place
15. Flight
16. A measurement

17. Orange
18. A natural feature
19. A carved object


This is my threesome & my #19 - A Carved Object; a nativity scene-the pieces are carved from solid pieces of tree - although  Mary & Joseph's hands were separate pieces that were attached with wood pegs.


 
 I'm off to a really slow start with my search for the items on the list.  Maybe now that the Christmas holidays are done, I'll have more time to focus on the list.  I do hope you join in with the fun of both the WPSH & Take Three Thursday.


19 comments:

  1. What intricate carving, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing what some people can do with a hunk of tree trunk - what a gift that they see it as something more.

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a lovely nativity & amazing that they're each carved from a single piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found myself drawn back to have another inspection of it - normally we just drive by & I think oh that looks nice.

      Delete
  3. That's a gorgeous nativity scene! I love the happy expressions on their faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing it close up gives such a sense of the skill required to make out of one piece of wood. I think Joseph is certainly grinning "yeah he's in my care".

      Delete
  4. Beautiful crib pieces! Any idea how old they are? Such skill in the carving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny ask about how old, I did quite a search for carvers initials & date, I found nothing on the actual pieces. I think under 5 years old - we often drive past this church & I think this is only the second year I have seen outside - mind you it was the first time we went into the grounds to take photos.

      Delete
  5. These are so beautifully and intricately carved - and so large, too. That's a wonderful thing to have outside a church at this time of year ... (My three things also feature carving!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in Alexa, I've added you to the list. Your three are very interesting. Those carvings certainly tell a tale - that "man" is quite a large piece but I would say the post of shells is a favourite.

      Delete
  6. You may be off to a slow start, but you're ahead of me! I hope I haven't missed some opportunities over the holidays. This is a beautiful nativity set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sorting through my Christmas/December photos & I noticed I do have a few that work for WPSH (yeah). Hope you enjoy your visit in Chicago & who knows what you'll find there :)

      Delete
  7. That's a beautiful nativity scene, perfect for the Hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm starting to move a little faster into the WPSH.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful carvings and a great start to the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. I carry the list with me in my purse or in the car.

      Delete
  9. Those are lovely carvings! Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome & thanks for popping by here. I so admire the skill & talent to make this nativity set.

      Delete
  10. Oh that's a lovely carving. I've not done anything with my list either! Although I saw a horse today... on tv :)

    ReplyDelete