Monday, February 25, 2019

Me On A Monday - February 25th

Spoiler Alert - 10 months today is Christmas !  There, I've got that out of my system now ....


Currently:

Reading - Books: Just finished The Girl With Seven Names, which is part of my wanting to know about the North Korean situation. I cannot imagine what it takes to leave your family, country & all that you know & love.


Reading - Magazine:  just picked up my copy from the library, the spring edition of Creative Scrapbooker. 

Received: a lovely pair of silver earrings from my friend who bought from her local animal rescue's fund raiser. The photo isn't great, so tiny, but just in case you can't make out, one earring is a horse's head, the other earrings is the horse's backside!  

I also received a beautiful hat from an older lady at church.  She knows my joy in wearing a hat every Sunday to church. She was cleaning out her late husband's aunt's closet & found this grey felt hat in the closet.  Apparently it's from the aunt's "Lady Di" days.  She said I was the perfect person for this hat.  I was ever so pleased to be thought of ... 

Watching - MoviesBohemian Rhapsody, which I really liked.  Mr Man thought that Aidan Gillen still sounded so much like his GoT character, Little Finger.  Interesting to see Allen Leech step out as such a different character than Tom Branson from Downton.

Watching - TV:  Victoria, the 3rd season, getting a little bored with this series.  I own the complete collection of Downton Abbey & I started a re-watch 2 weeks ago.  Knowing all works out in the end, I still tend to shout out Mary who is such a bitch.  Never liked Mary (I think Michelle Dockery did an excellent job of portraying her)  I know Edith should not have written to the Turkish Ambassador but Mary out & out lied to Sir Anthony.  Cannot wait for the movie.  I just hope that Julian Fellows did not sell out & that he has kept the story true to itself.  But mostly I'm very excited to see & hear from The Dowager Countess of Grantham (Maggie Smith).

We have had another storm system arrive Sunday with high winds, sleet, snow & cold.  We received warnings Sunday to expect power outages because of the damaging winds & as I am writing this very  late Sunday,  I have fingers crossed that while I am receiving my beauty sleep, Mother Nature & technology don't have a disagreement.   Hope everyone has a fantastic week.
 



10 comments:

  1. I felt the same about Victoria, loved the first two but not the last one so much. If you have Netflix, try The Crown, I really liked that.
    How sweet that someone thought of you when they saw the hat, I agree, it does look like it is from the Lady Di era, so smart and what a lovely colour.
    Fingers crossed that when you woke up, electricity was working and along with that, your computer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have Netflix. I have seen the first season of The Crown. Hydro on but everything else is closed, we are in an official blizzard :(

      Delete
  2. Aargh! You mentioned the C word!

    I love the Bohemian Rhapsody film. Did you cry at the end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did warn about the C word *(col)... I did not cry at the end of B/R, I felt sad that his life was over too soon, but so glad he & the band reconciled before his end. Now I want to know more about the music of Queen.

      Delete
  3. Those are fun ear rings! We've just watched Bohemian Rhapsody and enjoyed it. I didn't recognise Allen Leech until the end - so many brilliantly complex characters around Freddie.
    I hope the snow doesn't last too long.
    PS: nice hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. Freddie was talent & tragedy rolled into one. I felt like there were lots of pieces missing about his life from the movie. It makes me want to know about the music of Queen. The weather station has officially called it a blizzard - everything is closed, plows are pulled off the roads, roads closed - it's the worse storm so far. :(

      Delete
  4. So far, so good here with the high winds. We're just lucky as many others have lost power, and seen some significant damage. It's not over yet; many schools are closed today. The only Oscar nominated film we've seen is Green Book, which took home Best Picture honors. I'm hoping to see a few others. The Girl with Seven Names went on my to-read list a long time ago. I finished books for both of my book groups and have had a hard time getting into something new. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are being battered - all snow plows have been pulled from the roads - all roads in our entire county have been deemed closed, everything closed & it's an official blizzard. I didn't watch the Oscars, power flickering in & out. We saw B/R & A Star is Born, would like to see The Favourite & Green Book.

      Delete
  5. 10 Months! :)

    We're having our 2nd day in a row of sunshine after too much rain. I've forgotten what snow looks like and appreciate your photos. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think February has been unusually difficult weather wise, we normally get this weather in January. Worries me that Spring is delayed even further! Enjoy your beautiful patio in the sunshine.

      Delete