Monday, March 02, 2020

Me On A Monday - March 2nd

And another week has rolled into memory...


Last week our area moved through 3 very stormy, windy, snowy days.  So many things were cancelled from late Wednesday through to Friday.  It was a wonderful excuse to hunker down & practice some Hygge.  Sunday's arrival of March was like a lamb, brilliant sunshine.
Source:Internet

Watching:  We have discovered a new to us series on library loan DVD; Defying Gravity.  A sci-fi series that takes place in 2052 & there's an entity of alien origin that so far we don't know where from or for what purpose.  It's a 12 part series (not a long lived series) & we have now watched 3 episodes.

Reading:  the spring issue of Creative Scrapbooker.  Lots of ideas.  I won't be picking up any new books from the library until Tuesday.  Because of the storms, all the county library branches were closed on Friday, which delays everything by 1-2 days.  I'm waiting on Ruth's recommendation, My Oxford Life.


Buying:  There's a scrapping store that is quite a distance from me so I don't have the opportunity to shop there.  Their products differ quite a bit from my regular scrapping store.  This not shopped at store was in town for a scrapping weekend (I wasn't participating) & they brought their store with them & anyone could shop there while they were at the hotel.  They brought 5 large boxes of 12X12" printed papers that were on sale for $0.25 each!!!   I bought several for card cut down possibilities or scrap pages.  There were also several of the new spring lines for sale; oh so pretty.  They announced that they are opening a 2nd store in the city next to us!  This could be good, this could be too tempting.

TV:  new series for us; Traces; crime/medical show.  I'm two episodes in. 

Doing:  I've been hired to house sit for 8 weeks for the lady that I cat sit for.  She's taking the cats with her to the sunny warmer south  for 8 weeks, so I just need to pick up the mail & check that everything at the house is OK.  I'll probably spend a couple hours there 1-2 times a week.  The quiet suits my studying & reading habits.

And in talking about numbers for the month of February, we had to shovel the driveway 11 times & use the snow blower 3 times.  When I say we, I mean Mr Man ...



This is my other cat Smokey Puss - 2 weeks ago Sooty Paws had a feature, so only fair that Smoke get the same stardom moment.  They may be sisters (same Mother) but you could not get two more different from each other, than these two. 

20 comments:

  1. What a handsome cat! Wasn't that weather something?!? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smokey says thank you. She's usually camera shy. I cannot remember a time when they cancelled garbage pick up because of weather. Now today rain & +5 - the weather is as crazy as can be.

      Delete
  2. Nice to meet Smokey Puss! That new scrapbook store sounds like it could end up being an expensive addition to your shopping trips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smokey Puss is the really shy cat, runs & hides if anyone comes to visit. Thankfully if the scrapbook store opens it won't be until June (maybe) time to get my resolve back in order!

      Delete
  3. We had a few flakes of snow on Friday, but nothing to get excited about. It has been predominantly rain, with a few sunny spells, but nothing like enough to dry out the waterlogged earth. Some areas are suffering badly from floodwaters. (I won't say "Yet people never learn"!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having rain today but the ground is still frozen so it is sitting on top of everything. I find it amazing that some people still deny climate change. I think I know who Mother Nature really is - she's Lilith, Adam's first wife, the disobedient one!

      Delete
  4. How I would love a scrapbook store in West London - even a pop-up one!
    Cute cat. :)
    PS: I do hope you like My Oxford Year ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smokey says thanks. I must admit I am glad I can go & see & touch the actual papers rather than ordering online. Often I think I'll like a collection but when I see it in person, the colours are not what I thought or like. Yes fortunate that I will have two choices :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of Defying Gravity so will look out for it.

    It's still very cold but today was sunny, no rain, and the next seven days should be the same. For the first time in ages we don't have weather warning for rain or wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the time of sci fi I enjoyed, there's an ongoing story & the relationships are key. We had milder weather yesterday, so we saw a bit of a snow melt. When this happens in March everyone gets VERY excited "early spring" but sadly March usually gives us more winter.

      Delete
  6. You (or I should say Mr. Man) are ahead of me on the snow clearing - only used the snowblower twice and I'm sure I haven't had to clear the driveway 11 times. January was almost snow free here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget how many times we shovelled or used the snowblower in January, I write in on the calendar everytime we do either. It's one of the ways we can reflect on the type of winter we've survived! My fingers are crossed that Wiarton Willie was right.

      Delete
  7. I'm so grateful we have had very little snow this season and very little of the super freezing cold temps. It's probably due to climate change, so not a good thing, but I don't mind the milder winter. Tell Smokey Puss I think she's beautiful and she should strut her stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smoke says thank you. She is the sweetest & cuddliest cat, she loves to be held like a baby. The weather is so mixed up, but we still definitely get 4 distinct seasons. Although winter seems to drag on longer & summers are short but SO intense in heat.

      Delete
  8. We had the same windy, snowy weather; it seems we often have similar weather which I guess isn't that surprising since I don't think we live that far apart. The nearest stamping/scrapbook store to us is in Buffalo--a little over an hour away. Other than that we have only Michaels, etc. which seem to carry the same lines for a very long time! I do most of my shopping online now,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michaels is really close for me but I notice their scrapping supplies dwindling. I think we are about 170 miles apart so we do get much of the same weather, although I think your area gets a lot more of the lake effect snow than we do.

      Delete
  9. I'm glad to read there was finally some sunshine! I haven't heard of that sci-fi series; I'll have to mention it to Robbie, who enjoys aliens of all kinds. Spending some time during the house sitting to just enjoy the quiet & read sounds lovely! Hope March is wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finished Defying Gravity, just 1 season. We did go to the writer's web page to find out what he intended in season 2. I have been enjoying the sunshine by taking walks.

      Delete
  10. What a lot of snowy days ... Glad you've had some sun, finally! Good to have things to help pass the days - have made a note of your recommends. Oooh, a new scrapbooking store? I'm pleased that they are still opening news ones - over here, so many have closed down, sadly. Nothing like browsing in person, is there. Hoping March continues to be lamb-like :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the positive side, this past February had only a few days of really cold (-25). I think these two scrapping stores survive because people are starting to realize that in hand items looked at before purchase is a good thing. I'm not a big online fan or of the self serve check outs.

      Delete