Friday, February 28, 2020

WPSH - 3rd Link In

WPSH Third Link In

In case you have missed it, Eileen at A Bracelet of Days is hosting the 2019/2020 Winter Photography Scavenger Hunt, (WPSH). Eileen will be hosting a link up at the end of each month so you can share your finds.  I'm posting today, even  though month end is Saturday February 29th, as I mostly stay off social media on the weekends.

Here are my 3rd batch of finds:

#5 A Garden Gate - our gate



#9 Solitary - the lone plant in my house because my cats eat plants & then throw up.   This is a jade plant which I received as part of a new growth workshop. The leader of the workshop clipped pieces from her plant, which is 19 years old & approximately 4 foot high & 2 foot across.  Fingers crossed this little slip will develop.  I have a larger clear glass vase I place it in, for its own protection.  I chose the tea cup with tartan pattern to honour Mr Man's Scottish heritage.



#15 Letters - from a "found" package of letters in my scrapping stash. These are thick cardboard.  I think I originally bought & used some of the letters for an Autumn layout.



Alt A - Chess - pieces I made for Mr Man, when I was doing ceramics.  He is making his own chess board, one day ...




Next Month's link in, March 31st,  will be the end of the Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt, so still time to find things on the list.

17 comments:

  1. Wow, you made those chess pieces? They're brilliant! I like the letters and the garden gate photos and will keep my fingers crossed for the survival of your solitary plant.

    Thanks for joining in with the hunt.

    P.S. we have the same coloured carpet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for organizing the search. I will eventually have to transplant that cutting, at least that's my hope.

      Delete
  2. Eileen just took the words out of my mouth (or would that be from my keyboard?) - you made the chess pieces? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those many pieces of the chess set took me months, but I was pleased with Mr Man's reaction when I gave them to him.

      Delete
  3. You are super-talented! Your little plant seems to be thriving - sending good wishes to your other half from another with Scottish heritage :). I really like the colours of your letters - reminds me of candy :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alexa. Mr Man is currently searching for his clan's tartan at a close by Scottish Tartan Fabric Shop. I'm thinking maybe pillows for his office.

      Delete
  4. I concur re: the chess pieces. Quite exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome chess pieces! And I love your gate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I think it's time to take the Christmas wreath down.

      Delete
  6. Those are great finds and the chess pieces you made are amazing! I especially like your garden gate and your solitary plant! I can't keep many houseplants, myself, because Dancer cat will eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous finds! I'm impressed with the chess pieces & those "found" letters are so colorful! I have to admit though, that snow leading up to the gate looks cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The day after I took the gate photo we had another 7cm of snow but today if I took that photo, there would be a reduction of most of the snow! Rain & milder temperatures have seen a tease of spring weather ...

      Delete
  8. Fabulous snapshots, and those chess pieces are very regal! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete