Monday, February 03, 2020

Me On A Monday - February 3rd

If Candlemas Day be fair and bright
Winter will have another fight.
If Candlemas Day brings cloud and rain,
Winter will not come again.


Sunday February 2nd was a dual celebration day - Candlemas & Groundhog Day.  Our local rodent prognosticator, Wiarton Willie, did not see his shadow which in lore means an early spring.  Candlemas day was cloudy & wet snow, so winter will not come again!  We can only hope.  Either way it's April in this area before Spring makes an appearance.

Last week I saw a number of blog posts, from those participating in One Little Word; OLW, their update of how they are doing with their word.  I must admit I have not spent a lot of time with my word, Nourish,  to bond - yet.
The album I'm using for OLW
Needing a diversion on Saturday, I spent some time at my craft table making a start on my OLW craft project album.  It also got me thinking a lot more about my word as the January exercises are to find the dictionary meaning of the word, to list what you would like your word to help with, want you more more of in 2020 & would like less of in 2020.  So I got those exercises done. There's a little too much personal stuff on them to share. I did not sign up for Ali Edward's 2020 online workshop for OLW, I am using exercises from the year I did sign up, changing up those that I did not like "that year".  I've got a good blend of challenges,  questions & recaps.
My OLW Title Page


 
"February arrives cold, wet & grey, her gifts disgusted for only the most discerning spirits to see."  Sarah Ban Breathnach

12 comments:

  1. I do hope you do not have a long, cold winter again this year - here's to an early spring!
    Good luck with your OLW project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. Winter would be so much more bearable if there was more sunshine, it's the dreary that drags me down.

      Delete
  2. I always choose OLW for myself but have never followed one on Ali Edwards' courses. I suppose I do my own version of planning and reflection on the word but do you find that following the course makes a significant difference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did sign up in 2014 for the online OLW class. For me, it was more of FOMO & I was very disappointed in the content. Now I just set myself ways of reflecting & checking in. I like lists so anything that can be a reason to make lists, I'm in. I do need some structure to make an impact. I've picked an area for each month of where I'd like to see my OLW help me for each month. My categories are Health; Relationships; Spirit; Creativity. Each one will get 3 focus months.

      Delete
  3. Nourish is a good word for you, especially when your weather is still so wintry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I think my skin needs some extra nourishing, it's SO dry from the indoor heating. Sometimes me & my OLW take a few weeks of getting to know you before anything clicks in.

      Delete
  4. I'd forgotten (if I ever knew) about Candlemas Day. I'm with you, it will be late March, and more likely April before we see spring here. It's been a very snowy winter, and I'm already feeling stir-crazy. Your approach to your OLW journal is an excellent one. There were a lot of prompts last year that didn't resonate with me; one reason I didn't enroll in Ali's class again. I also think it's a reason why I stopped paying good attention to my work half-way through the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also feeling very house bound & in spite of trying to keep myself engaged, a little stir crazy. As I've said to Ruth, sometimes me & my OLW take a little more dating before we get into a full on relationship. It's February so I'm hoping for a little more mutual loving going on.

      Delete
  5. Our February is starting out unseasonably warm with a high of 70F yesterday! Goodness! Your snowy scene looks like a wonderland to these eyes.

    I sometimes put away the candles I use for the wintertime and get out blue ones for spring on Candlemas, but I'd already done that. We didn't really get winter weather this year. So far, anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year at church with a new minister the Candlemas service as ever so brief, a mere mention. I like the service of blessing the candles used in the church for the year ahead. It talks of forward thinking of what can be in the year ahead. I will be very happy with a slow steady release of winter into spring - nothing too rushed or sudden. Thanks for reminding me to change out my dining room candles. :)

      Delete
  6. The groundhog prediction may mean an early Spring but I don't think we will see the back of winter any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Chris I agree with you 100% especially when this week's forecast is predicting another 10-15cm of snow this Thursday/Friday!

      Delete