Monday, February 24, 2020

Me On A Monday - February 24th

Good Morning.  I'm not sure about where you are, but as I write this, the sun is shining brightly & I'm enjoying that after several grey days.

Reading:  I just finished Graham Norton's novel "A Keeper", a referral from Lady Ella at The Flowers of Progress.  I quite enjoyed this read & often found myself saying things (in my head) with an Irish accent.  I've just started a book called "Her One Mistake".  It's a mystery about the disappearance of a child.

Watching:  we just finished the first season of "The Good Karma Hospital"  We borrowed the DVD from the library & have the second season on request.  Last week we had finished up with "Vera" season 9, another one we borrowed from the library.


Listening:  We attended a performance  "Fantasies & Fables".  It was part of our  OLW Nourishing social activity for February.



I'm looking forward to Tuesday's Pancake Day or Shrove Tuesday.  I like pancakes & have put off enjoying in the last month to build up for this Tuesday - delayed gratification.


On Wednesday I will begin a 6 week, ladies only, weekly workshop "Experiencing Easter" hosted by a church & denomination  different than my own.  I know a couple of ladies from this church & they invited me to join them as they knew I was not thrilled with my church's Lent program.  I like having such options.


"every shadow, no matter how deep,  is changed by the light."



18 comments:

  1. I enjoyed The Keeper and read the entire book in Norton's Irish accent!

    I didn't watch the Good Karma Hospital but heard good things about it. Another one to look out for is Last Tango in Halifax.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have seen Last Tango in Halifax & cannot wait for the next season/special. The library usually gets the DVDs about 6-12 months after the initial release. Borrowing teaches us great patience (col). I'm requesting Graham's other book now.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy watching Vera too - she's so down to earth and quite unlike many tv investigators!
    I have all my ingredients ready for Shrove Tuesday's pancakes too, it's my day for having the grandchildren so I am sure that I will have an enthusiastic (messy) helper when I'm mixing up the batter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always wish that each season of Vera was at least 6 not just the 4, but thankfully we've read she's preparing for season 11.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ... ah but you have Belgravia Street to help with the grey days(col). Our forecast is rain for late Tuesday into Wednesday with a return to snow for Thursday :(

      Delete
  4. It's a beautiful, sunny, warm for February day here! Glad it's shining where you are as well. I have my Lenten study all set up. I'm using a book our church is using, "Lent in Plain Sight." Sadly, I'll only make two of the study group sessions since we're traveling a lot in March. I'd be interested to know what resources your group is using.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a series called Experiencing Easter other than that I'm not sure what to expect. We will watch short videos, then break into groups to discuss. Each group will have a leader which that person has a guide book to follow. I'm interested to experience Lent from a Reformed Church perspective.

      Delete
  5. We're having yet another day of gray and dreary rain here in Memphis. I love the Vera series! There just aren't enough of them to suit us lol I'm looking forward to my Mardi Gras pancakes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We constantly wonder if either of us would like an Auntie like Vera ... maybe a distant relative (col). Enjoy your pancakes.

      Delete
  6. Glad you have seen the sun. We just seem to have lots of wind and rain at the moment.
    I must say I'm sure I have never read The Keeper. I'm wondering how or when this came up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was sure you had recommended, oh well, it was a good read. Our rain is coming later tomorrow :(

      Delete
    2. Well, if you liked it, I'm happy to take the credit! However I'm sure I've only read "My Sister's Keeper" by J Picoult. I read GN's autobiography ages ago but didn't know he'd written any fiction. I'm intrigued ... but this year I'm on a book buying ban so will stand strong!

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you're keeping busy with the reading & watching & nourishing! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am going directly to order "Good Karma Hospital" from the library. I recently got the "Agatha Raisin" first season, it's quite funny, and will be watching for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like the G.K.H. We have seen the first season of Agatha Raisin & I just saw that there is a 2nd season, so on the lookout for it (thanks).

      Delete
  9. I don't know either of those series but must look them up in case they are available here - always good to have a recommendation. Your ecumenical study group sounds interesting - how nice that the group makes space for others ... Hoping that it is enriching :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Vera series take place in Northumberland. The TV series is based on a book series written by Anne Cleeves. They start filming series 11 in Newcastle in April of this year. I attended the first bible study session yesterday & it was fantastic.

      Delete