Monday, November 02, 2020

Me On A Monday - November 2nd

Good Morning everyone.  I hope & trust that you are all well, that you & yours are all healthy.  The rising COVID numbers world wide are most concerning.

Source: Internet

Currently Reading:  recommended from Ruth & Deb, Nine Women, One Dress by Jane L. Rosen.  I picked up from the library on Friday & started to read promptly - so far I am liking.

Currently Watching:  On Masterpiece Theatre; The Trouble With Maggie Cole, staring Dawn French. If this isn't a lesson in keeping your mouth shut, I don't know what is ... although it's only episode three tomorrow.  So many familiar stars.  Also watching; Bodyguard, starring Richard Madden (of Cinderella fan along with Lily James & of course as Rob in GoT). Oh excited that there might be a series two.

Currently Crafting:  Some Christmas gifts, that I can send through the mail.  I got the idea for this, when I received "one" as a gift last year.  I only have "it" as a pattern to go by.  I've made 4 so far, & I am rather pleased how they are turning out.  I promise all will be revealed at a later date.  Hint - it involves paper crafting ... I'll say no more for now.

Currently Attempting:  Sour bread starter dough - I was gifted this living entity about a week ago & when I said yes to receiving, I had no idea how much work is involved in feeding & tending to.  The making of the bread is also quite the process.  The person who gifted me the starter, insisted I name my starter as mine would be the "granddaughter" of the original.  My friend who owns the mother of mine, is called Bella, so I have named mine Ella. There is a whole online community of people sharing ideas & solutions.    I think I like the ease of Beer Bread much better.

Currently Moaning About:  We had snow yesterday, & it is staying on the ground!   I'll say no more for now.

Currently Sorting: I received a very large box & 2 bags of scrapping materials from my upline Stampin Up person.  She's not a scrap booker so when her friend gave to her, she passed it all on to me.  I now have to find a home for about 3/4's of it, as many of the papers are colours I would not scrap with.  There is a pad of very good quality paper, but not colours or patterns that I would use, but I'll keep to use the non printed side for my base pages to build on.

So that's a quick update from me.   November 3rd is the official voting date for the US of A.  Good thoughts & prayers for calm.  I'll say no more for now.

22 comments:

  1. I think the whole world is watching your election and wondering how the result will go!
    I really enjoyed Maggie Cole and Bodyguard, Dawn French was good as the lead character in MC and I fell a little in love with Richard Madden ;-)
    Snow! Oh goodness, do you think this is the start of it staying around for the rest of the winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for us the snow will disappear later this week as temperatures rise to +12 but "they" are forecasting an early snowy winter for us. It is the American elections, not ours in Canada, although the American election greatly affects us. The old saying is if America sneezes, Canada catches the cold ... I'll say no more for now.

      Delete
  2. I appreciate all your prayers. We need every one of them. I've been reading just for fun recently, trying to take my mind off the political situation as best I can. Snow is predicted here, but it won't last long. We have a run of 60° days predicted starting on Wednesday. Something good to look forward to. Always good to find you here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Karen, it's a truly difficult time for America right now, not only with COVID, but with this election. I'm stocking up on books for the possibility of a full lockdown returning - it will be a long Winter's COVID nap I fear. We believe Dr Fauci .

      Delete
  3. I'm debating with myself whether to start making my own bread again but it definitely won't be sourdough if I do. I can't be bothered with all the fuss about the starter! Good luck with yours though.

    That was kind of your friend to pass the scrapping goodies on to you. It's a shame there wasn't more in your preferred colours bug at least you now have the opportunity to pass the kindness on to someone else.

    Not such good news about the snow though, although I do enjoy your snow photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that my chances of keeping this sour dough starter alive is slim, unless my loaf ready for the oven is beyond delicious ... then I'll put more of "baked with love" into it, (col).

      Delete
  4. Every time I see people talk about the snow I get a tiny bit jealous since we so rarely get any snow here. But I'm told I should live through it before I long for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is often very pretty as it falls & there's a certain appeal when I know I do not have to drive in it. Last March-May that was one of the good things about lockdown, the snow could fall, & it did, & no driving had to be done. I think we could be headed for another lockdown just as the snow season begins.

      Delete
  5. Shane that our goody bag of paper didn't have more useable things in it for you ... Looking forward to learning more about what you are creating - the hints are intriguing. Snow? Oh golly, I can't bear to think of it yet and not envying you one bit. I think the whole world is holding its collective breath this week ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful for the papers & embellishments I can use, although I really don't need another thing in my stash (well need & want are two different things). With the world being a global economy, it is hard for one country's decision not to affect another ... I'll say no more for now.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with Ella! I once received a "Herman", but it promptly died on me! Kind of you to pass along the papers you won't be using.

    I don't envy you your snow; I had my fill of snow when I lived in Wisconsin! These days, I freeze when the temps. go below 65F!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get cold to the bone in November & don't warm up until June, at least that's my claim. I want to do my friend's gift of the sour dough starter proud, but alas I think I'm a beer bread kind of bread maker ...

      Delete
  7. I made a couple of SD starters but they didn't survive long. One exploded when I followed directions to keep it in the oven with the light on to keep it growing. What a mess! The bread was good, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been watching a Ben Starr's uTube's about sourdough bread & I must say after watching I feel more depressed about the work involved. Oh exploded bread goo in the oven - thanks for that warning! I am hopeful the effort will reap great taste rewards.

      Delete
  8. Once I tried making a sourdough starter and it didn’t work. I hope Ella will give you many loaves of bread. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am making my first loaf today - I cannot believe the amount of time it takes. I may send Ella to go live with her Mother! (col).

      Delete
  9. When I was little, my mum used to get small portions of cake mix, I think they had yeast in them, that you had to divide and share around. It was called Friendship Cake and I remember it was delicious but Mum's enthusiasm waned pretty soon. I'd love a slice now! Commiserations on the snow. My mood is definitely low at the moment and I am working hard not to allow it to overwhelm everything. I don't even know if it is a genuine response to everything or pre-emptive fear of what's coming. Can't wait to see what you have been crafting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've heard of friendship cake - I could use some of that right now. I am also feeling that weight about being in a state of waiting for "...." right now we have the American election weighing heavily on us - it affects Canada on so many levels & not just the financial relationship we have - I'll say no more for now.

      Delete
  10. I've never tried to make sourdough bread and I don't think I will ...
    Hope you enjoy Nine Women, One Dress - I thought it was a fun and quirky read.
    I'm watching closely as events unfold today/overnight in the US ... fingers crossed for a result I can live with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't quite finished, Nine Women, & I just picked up Eliza Started A Rumour - I'm liking this more than Nine. It's a result the world needs to live with ...

      Delete
  11. I'm a little behind on blog reading ... gosh, y'all already had snow! The election has come & gone, such as it was. Robbie has a sourdough starter in the fridge. He's made several other loaves of bread recently (all yummy), so I'm looking forward to trying his sourdough.

    I read Nine Women One Dress a few years ago - a good read, although I found the characters themselves to be unlikable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Eliza Starts a Rumour, those characters were a little more likeable. I often find if I'm not a fan of the friends of the main character, I usually don't like the book.

      Delete