Monday, August 23, 2021

Me On A Monday - August 23rd

Good Morning Everyone.  I've got nothing today, well nothing of any value to say, so I'll share a new to me recipe that I found in my Pinterest Wanders.  It's on the plan for this week.  


Broccoli & Chicken with Noodles Casserole

Ingredients

·         1 (16 oz) package egg noodles, cooked (make sure to salt the water)

·         1 lb of broccoli florets

·         2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded

·         1 10.5 oz can of condensed cream of chicken soup or two cups of chicken flavored white sauce

·         ¼ cup sour cream

·         ½ cup milk or noodle water

·         ½ tsp lemon juice

·         ½ tsp onion powder

·         2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

·         Parsley (optional)

Instructions

1.    In a large pot, cook the noodles according to package directions.

2.    Cook Broccoli.

3.    Drain water out of the noodles. Reserve ½ cup noodle water, if you plan to use it instead of milk. Place noodles back in the large pot.

4.    Next, in the same pot, add chicken, broccoli, canned soup, milk or water, sour cream, lemon juice, and onion powder. Mix well until everything is coated with sauce.

5.    Then, pour into a 9x13 pan and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.

6.    Next, put under the broiler until cheese is melted.

7.    Sprinkle with parsley if desired and serve.


14 comments:

  1. This sounds tasty and a good way to use up left over roasted chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that sounds delicious! Am bookmarking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a recipe similar to that but without cheese. Maybe I should try yours :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have certainly developed a taste for adding cheese to just about everything :)

      Delete
  4. Anything with chicken and cheese is delicious and must say the broccoli would add some well needed nourishment. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just add in the pasta & it's a winner for me - past is my weakness!

      Delete
  5. It sounds tasty and I'm tempted to try it. Just need to work out alternatives for the dairy .... will risk the cheese though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy fat reduced cheese & sour cream when ever possible & I do find it helps with my own dairy limitations. On this one I think I'll use the noodle water instead of milk.

      Delete
  6. This looks as if it would be very tasty. The condensed soup sounds like a nice short cut but which adds extra flavour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made this last night for the first time. It was tasty, but I felt needed something a little extra. I did like the lemon in the sauce, so maybe herbs that go well with lemon. But yes I'd make again. :)

      Delete
  7. It sounds a lot like the turkey tetrazzini recipe I tried, last December. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does seem similar to tetrazzini. We wondered whether adding mushrooms to it would be good.

      Delete