Monday, March 27, 2017

Memo, Mail & Me: It's Monday March 27th


A big Monday wave to all & linking in with our hostess, Sian at:  From High In The Sky


A rather stressful week in & around the world.  The senseless rampage in London England is beyond explanation.  So sad.  Four precious lives lost, many hurt, thousands affected.  But as a society we get up, we grieve, we try to understand, we help, we move on with promises of making each day, each life,  count.


Source:
The new season of Formula One (F1) has begun - it was nice to see so many positive changes that will allow  for more racing intrigue.  F1 stats say that often whoever wins the first race of the season in Melbourne Australia, wins the driver's championship.  So Sebastian Vettel you are off to a good start.  The prancing pony of Ferrari dances tonight.

 
In the mail front, The Universe delivered some very special messages for me.




Look who has come to visit me in my garden; Charlie, the squirrel & Chippy, the chipmunk.  Welcome back to the patio, I promise the snow & cold will be gone soon!




On the fun front, we saw three movies this week; Collateral Beauty, Sing & Passengers.  I liked all 3.  Collateral Beauty had an interesting story line & it wasn't hard to know the plot about 10 minutes in.  Mr Man did not like this one.  Sing is all animation & it was very light, easy & fun.  Passengers was not what I thought it was going to be, so a pleasant surprise, not too spacey or sci-fi - ish.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.   

"Today I choose life, Every morning when I wake up, I can choose, joy, happiness ... to feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes, and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity, but embrace it." Kevyn Aucoin


Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it. Kevyn Aucoin
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/k/kevynaucoi358534.html?src=t_joy

25 comments:

  1. It has been a very sad week indeed and it seems that humans can never learn to get along. On a lighter note those little sweeties might be termed pests but it must be a welcome sign of warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes squirrels in particular can become a pest rather too quickly, but how does one say no to such a cutie as a chipmunk!?

      Delete
  2. A shocking day in our capital, and so sad that innocent people have lost their lives. All the more reason to remember that we should fill our days with things that make us happy as we never know what may be round the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that we are suppose to all be brave & strong, but I have to put my hand up as it makes me very afraid. Life has a great big IF in the middle of it, so it is important to grasp all that life offers when we can.

      Delete
  3. cute visitors to your garden - I though Sing looked fun when I saw the trailer - must look to see if it is on nearby. have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sing was a happy kind of movie, no deep thinking plots, just fun. I hope you enjoy.

      Delete
  4. Good Monday morning! Hope you enjoy those garden critters more than I do. They tend to eat all my bird seed. I rode on some of those F1 streets in Melbourne last year, as they were setting up the coarse when I visited. Have a fabulous start to this last week of March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Mr Man goes to Melbourne, he always has a drive about Albert Park, but not at those speeds of F1.

      Delete
  5. I love the little chipmunk.We had F1 on yesterday, it looks like it could be interesting this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping for an exciting race to race F1 year. I have to find a new driver to cheer on as I was a Nico fan. Umm not sure who.

      Delete
  6. It's always good to welcome in a new season of F1 though I didn't actually get a chance to watch this one. Hope this week is a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a race calendar of 20 races I am sure you will catch one or two :)

      Delete
  7. Yes, it was sad and shocking. Hard to comprehend these acts of violence. I bet those critters were a welcome sight. Something to make anyone smile. Have a great week Mary-Lou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squirrels quickly become pests but the chipmunks always make us smile. Right now I am contending with the wild bunnies eating my pushing through tulips ...

      Delete
  8. My heart is broken for those effected, I can't imagine their pain.

    What lovely little visitors you've had

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot imagine the sheer terror those people felt & I guess that is the intend to scare & terrorize people. I hate it.

      Delete
  9. You do get to have cute wee visitors! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth. They surprise me with their little traits of character.

      Delete
  10. Pleased to see Chippy make a new appearance! I'm not a Monday memo-er but meanwhile I too have had some long-distance mail. I'm a good girl so it is as yet on the shelf unopened, but can you believe it took just three days to get here?! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three days is a record in travel time! Yet a card going maybe 20 miles took a week! No logic.

      Delete
  11. Those giant grey and black squirrels have chased all of the chipmunks and red squirrels out of our neighbourhood :(
    Happy to see yours get along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie is the only American Gray we allow/encourage. The grays are very aggressive & chase our native reds & blacks, although my resident red - Lucy, let's NO ONE boss her about :)

      Delete
  12. Catching up after several days on the road. We used to be Formula One racing fans, and attended several races at Watkins Glen in the 70's. It was fun to see that pop up here on your blog. Such a tragedy in London; when will this ever end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are back safe & sound. I have no answer for the scary times happening around the world & I am really trying very hard not to let it affect my decision making ... next F1 race is April 9th in Singapore.

      Delete
  13. You certainly did have some great messages in the mail! We saw Passengers awhile back - it was enjoyable, but I didn't think it was all pulled together & had expected a different explanation for their waking early.

    It is so sad that there continue to be senseless attacks around the world!!

    ReplyDelete