Monday, March 11, 2019

Me On A Monday - March 11th

Greetings & Good Morning All.



My New Motto: "my body is a temple, ancient, crumbing & probably haunted"  Since that bout of inflammation of the piriformis muscle,  I don't think I've ever ached so much.
Source: Internet
Learning:  when I'm on my own computer in the crafting area, one of my cats likes to sit on my lap.  She has a habit of putting her paws on the keys & if I'm not careful, she'll change things for me.  Her favourite is to change the keyboard language.  Sometimes mid type, I'm keying in a foreign language (usually French).  Smoke recently had two paws on the keyboard & changed the font size.  It took me several Google searches to find (1) what happened (2) the fix because it was not the usual return to font size.  She thinks this is funny.
Miss Innocent Sleeps The Sleep Of The Cat

In The Shopping Cart:  Mr Man had to for business go to the city where my favourite scrapping store is & so I went along.  I lucked out because they were having a stamp & die cut garage sale.  I scored big time.  I bought a Stampin Up stamp set that has never been used, from the 2017 Christmas catalogue at $24.00; I picked up for $3.00!  I also picked up a couple of other word stamp sets for $1.00 each.  

Watching:  I saw two movies at home on the "movie on demand" channel we have available.  I saw Mary Queen of Scots with Saoirse Ronan  & I saw The Favourite.  I did not enjoy either & I really felt like it was time I'll never get back. 
Soruce: Internet

Reading:  I've just started to read  Dear Leader.  It's the second book that Lady Ella has reviewed on citizens of North Korea escaping.  The first was The Girl With Seven Names.  I am finding  Dear Leader  an easier read as it flows a little better.  The seven named girl was a bit stiff & for me had some gaps.  Still I think it's a good way to keep our selves informed about our world at large & what people live through.
I leave you with a photo of the back garden as it was Sunday afternoon, after the freezing rain/rain,  before a snow storm, arriving Monday.



"OK Mother Nature, now it's not winter, now it's just harassment!"

20 comments:

  1. I love that last quote - oh how you must long for spring to arrive!
    We saw The Favourite at our local theatre and whilst I thought Olivia Colman was really good, I wouldn't say it was one of the best films I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Movie & books are often surprising your best/worse & someone else's worse/best ... I was SO hoping to like both. March is already preparing to be a fickle month, I can get through it ...

      Delete
  2. That was a bargain purchase of the Stamping Up products. I've decided to sell all of my card making stash because I'm not using it and doubt that I will in the future.

    The snow looks lovely but I can see how you've probably had enough of it for this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm new to this stamping party & I'm so very addicted but because of storage I'll have stop now or sell off some of my earlier purchases. I had wanted to embrace winter a little more this year but the wind & ice have made being outdoors a little too difficult most days, so I'm ready to embrace Spring!

      Delete
  3. So sorry about the body aches; living with constant pain is so draining--both physically and emotionally. I was interested in your comments about The Girl with Seven Names. It's been on my TBR list for a long time. I'm reading The Wind in my Hair---a memoir about growing up in Iran. It's very readable and like your books, a look into a culture that is so repressive. Love your final quote--March is truly my least favorite month!!! I was so grateful to have two clear days over the weekend when we were driving to Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, this continued ache is just annoying but I was reminded by the physio therapist that I am getting older! There were no thanks given there! The seven name girl isn't a bad read, just stiff. Thanks for the referral of a book. I'm going to take a break from repressive regime reading for a bit, something lighter for a few reads.

      Delete
  4. So nice to see you this Monday. Alas, we can all relate the ravages that age inflicts on us to one degree or another, I hope you've rebounded a bit and are feeling better. I really enjoyed Saoirse Ronan in Ladybird, will have to check out her other work, thanks for the reminder. Kudos on the thrifty stamp purchases, those sets all look very useful, the Christmas one especially darling. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne, nice to have you drop by. I did not see Ladybird but saw Saoirse in Brooklyn & quite liked that. I am quickly becoming addicted to stamping even if I am late to this party :)

      Delete
  5. I hate it when movies that are so hyped turn out to be duds. Didn't think I'd like Mary Queen of Scots - after your review I know not to waste my time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what annoyed me most about movie Mary Queen of Scots, is that Queen Mary went to France as a 4yr old & came back to Scotland at 18yrs - she wouldn't have had a Scottish accent! Interesting to see Brendan Coyle (Bates from Downton) as Lord Darnley's father.

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen those movies or read the books. There is so much available out there!

    What a great buy on the art supplies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of movies but very little that interests me, I don't like violent movies. I am waiting for the Downton Abbey movie due out this Autumn.

      Delete
  7. I smiled at the Mother Nature quote!
    What a shame you didn't enjoy either film ... I have them both on my to watch list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lady I worked with, her sister has The Favourite as her all time best movie ever! The other thing that really annoyed me about Mary Queen of Scots is having her & Elizabeth I, meet - historically they never met. I know, poetic license (lol).

      Delete
  8. Loved The Favourite, missed Mary but despite historical inaccuracies think I will try to catch it later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to watch Reign on TV & I reminded myself to enjoy just for the sheer pleasure of all those sets & costumes ... plus they filmed quite a bit in our local conservation park.

      Delete
  9. Hope your aches and pains disappear soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I'm reluctant to take anything until I know what's going on.

      Delete
  10. LOL - that last quote is great! I do hope the aching goes away quickly, surely spring is on the way there & will help it along! :)

    We had quite a few cats growing up (although no computers). My biggest complaint was that they were all black & my favorite color has always been yellow - those two do not work well for keeping a bedspread looking nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes when you have cats or dogs or even bunnies living with you in the house you must give in to pet hair as an accessory (col). The ache in that muscle is much better thank you.

      Delete