Thursday, March 14, 2019

Take Three Thursday - Lucky Green

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.    

What have you noticed this week? 

See what others have noticed this week:
Melissa at Daily Life - Bits & Pieces
 

On an errand into town I noticed that several businesses in a little section of an outdoor mall, were decked out for St Patrick's Day (Saturday). As far as I know there's no Irish blood in my immediate birth family, but still all the fun activities planned for Saturday include everyone - so I guess we all become Irish on March 17th.  

These St Patrick's Day decorations were stuffed in what's left of Christmas decorations!


"St. Patrick's Day is an enchanted time—a day to begin transforming winter's dreams into summer's magic."



“You’ll never plough a field by turning it over in your mind.” 





"May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, may good luck pursue you each morning and night."



14 comments:

  1. St Patrick's Day is celebrated so much over there, it isn't celebrated at all where I live. Love that hat made out of shamrocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the celebrations have gotten out of hand - wild university students have put a black mark on any celebration in tamer forms.

      Delete
  2. St. Patrick's Day gets some attention here, since some of the early Memphis residents were Irish. We embrace the connection ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe in North America it gets SO celebrated is all the home sick Irish, either way I like all the green.

      Delete
  3. Both The Brainy One and I have a lot of Irish ancestry, but neither of us have ever felt the need to celebrate St Patrick's Day! I've never seen anything dressed or decorated for SPD in my bit of West London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it funny (odd) that this side of the pond there seems to be more celebrations than even Dublin! Students at uni in particular like this day - an excuse to be wild & drunk - it's so bad in some university cities that there is an actual band of public gatherings for SPD.

      Delete
  4. I'm a fan of that pot filled with gold coins. There's always a celebration here since St. Patrick's Day is Tracy's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well a pre-birthday wish to Tracey; Happy Happy Tracey! :)
      The only celebrating I do of St Patrick's Day is I try to wear something green.

      Delete
  5. Can't stand green beer but I will wear something green this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green is a wonderful colour but just not for beer. I have lots of green in my wardrobe so that will be an easy celebration wear (col).

      Delete
  6. images look great with green color.
    have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanza. I think green is my second favourite colour.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. They were certainly cheerful, it's nice having something special each month for decorating.

      Delete