Monday, May 13, 2019

Me On A Monday - May 13th




Good morning one & all.   Such a busy week.  A new baby in the Windsor household - Archie.  Not sure I like the name, but no matter what joy he is bringing his parents.  

This side of the pond & in this particular area, it continues to be talk of the weather; cold, wet & quite a late to almost non existent spring.

Sunday was Mother's Day:  My fur girls put together their allowances & got me a lovely card & a coupon for lunch at one of our local fast food chains.   I felt special.

Impressing Me:  On our Sunday drive to & from another city we passed a really long line of forsythia in bloom - the farmer noted on the fence there is well over 3000 individual shrubs along this fence line & they are all in bloom.  The photos are rather dark as they are taken from inside the car, plus it was pouring rain.  These two photos only show a small section of the display, it runs the entire length of the property frontage.




Reading:  I'm just finishing The Red Address Book.  I cannot say this is one I would rave about or even go so far as to recommend.  I did not bond with the main character.  I also just finished another Louise Penny book; The Trick Of The Light; another one I enjoyed.

Date Night:  We attended a recital of Vlad Soloviev, a young concert pianist.  This night Vlad played music written by Liszt.  Not only did Vlad play but he told the story of the music & of what was going on at the time with the composer.  It made for a very interesting evening.  Mr Man was very impressed.
 
Source: Internet

Love & Loss:  I received some sad news Saturday morning from one of my horse friends.  One of her horses had to be put down as it was discovered he had intestinal cancer.  I had known this horse for many years & had the privilege of riding him for a many months & only just two weeks ago visited with him to fuss & love on him.  He was truly a gentlemen & I am very sad about his passing.

 "Somewhere in time's own space, there must be some sweet pastured place, where creeks sing on & tall trees grow, some paradise where horses go, for by the love that guides my pen, I know great horses live again."   Stanley Harrison
 
 


 

15 comments:

  1. The forsythia looks amazing. Well done to the farmer for his efforts.

    I’m not sure whether I like the name ‘Archie’ either bug I’m sure we’ll get used to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some really amazing farmers who take such pride in their properties and/or beasts & like to do create something for all of us to enjoy. I also think that this farmer is planning to one day re-build his house on this part of the property, it is too hilly for farming or grazing.

      Delete
  2. Even in the rain that line of forsythia is impressive! So sorry to hear about the horse. That is one cute card from your kitties! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this particular card Mr Man bought in bulk, because I am sure I have received before from some other kitties (col). More rain today - but it's a spring rain ...

      Delete
  3. That hedge is so pretty - what a great idea to brighten up the landscape.
    How kind of your fur babies to treat you for Mother's Day - much nicer than offering to share their lunches with you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm home for lunch now & one of the fur girls definitely wants to share in my lunch ... col.

      Delete
  4. That forsythia is a gorgeous addition! What a wonderful thing he's done :) I'm saddened at the news of the horse. I have a friend who's had horses, so I know how hard this loss is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had this horse for 21 years & the loss is heavy on her heart. Her other 2 are retired race horses & not sound enough to ride, & although I go & fuss on them, their race training doesn't make them appreciate the loving as much the gentle man that passed enjoyed very much. I am hoping for two things for the forsythia (1) being cool it will last & (2) the rain will stop long enough for me to go back & take some better photos.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful roadside border that forsythia makes. Sorry about the loss of your horse friend. Lovely prose to end the post, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne. I liked that poem which was a recent discovery. I have an errand planned for later in the week which will take me past the forsythia hedge, I'm hoping still in glory for some better photos.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. and it held the bloom for a number of days thanks to the chilly temperatures.

      Delete
  7. I liked the Red Address Book, thought it was very thought provoking. I love that forsythia hedge, it really must be quite a site too see this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The forsythia hedge was amazing this year. My two forsythia bushes maybe had between them 4 blossoms.I wanted to like the book, but there was just something that kept me from bonding to the main character.

      Delete
  8. Wow, those forsythia blooms are amazing! Certainly a bright spot to view on a drive.

    Sounds like a great concert. I imagine the background of the music made it very interesting.

    ReplyDelete