Thursday, May 02, 2019

Take Three Thursday - The Iron Throne

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Three Thursday.   The idea is to take 1 - 3 photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.     

What have you noticed this week?

Mr Man & I are Game of Thrones fans & as many of you know, May 19th is the last episode of the series.  Who will sit on the iron throne?  Mr Man & I both have different favourites of who we want on the throne.

So this week my noticing was to do with iron & a little fun play on "The Wall" which is a key area in Game of Thrones.  What I "see" is the wall & all the locals rushing to the safety of Winterfell.








The iron works were created by a local artist in our little village & are displayed at a local restaurant owned by friends of the artist.
 

18 comments:

  1. I like the ironworks especially the third photo. I have never watched Game of Thrones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Game of Thrones is either you like or you don't. It took me a while to get Mr Man to watch, now he's a convert & thankfully we own the series.

      Delete
  2. I've not seen any GOT! I feel like I ought to because a) everyone else seems to have seen it and b) we're going to Dubrovnik in Croatia later this year and part of the series was filmed there. What a great sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be wonderful to see some of the sites that they used in GOT - the mountains are gorgeous.

      Delete
  3. I've never watched Game of Thrones either. This is a great iron works display!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that this artist uses a lot of old horseshoes.

      Delete
  4. I've seen some of GoT and read a few of the books. I love it when things remind me of something I've read or watched :) and I can definitely see how these sights made that connection. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once made up my own photo scavenger hunt to find things that could be from my favourite books or movies. It was so much fun. Also I once had a hunt for business in my area named after places/cities - it was like travel.

      Delete
  5. Me too, I like the third photo.
    And I'm another who has never seen GoT...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have walked by this & thought oh neat, but then someone in the village drew my attention back to it with the comment "you know the art stuff on the wall at Seven Heaven (restaurant name)& I though yeah The Wall - Game of Thrones. Hence an idea was born.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's at a local restaurant called Heaven On Seven (the seven refers to hwy 7 running through our village).

      Delete
    2. my son's inlaws live in the same village as you, lovely part of the world.

      Delete
  7. I have to get G of T from the library so it will be some time until I see this season. No spoilers, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Chris you'll have a difficult time avoiding hearing the end, it will be on the news for sure ... (col).

      Delete
  8. These are great! I'm also a fan of photo #3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. I must go find more community pieces by this artist.

      Delete
  9. We are huge Game of Thrones fans here... and will be watching the final episode from our hotel room at Disney World!

    ReplyDelete