Monday, September 23, 2019

Me On A Monday - September 23rd

Source: internet


Autumn is Mother Nature's way of teaching us that change can be a good thing.   Autumn arrived in this part of the world at 3:50am this morning - welcome.

This weekend we dropped off 4 bags of yard waste to the local recycle centre.  Truly thankful that we have this so close & it's free.

I noticed that the neighbours' Black Walnut tree has been totally defoliated by the tent caterpillars.  I'm trusting that the tree will survive the winter & come back in the spring.


We have a federal election coming up in October & every where these ugly signs are popping up -.  Thank goodness we have rules about the length of time this can go on before an election. It's usually 40 days.  This election it is truly a case of who do you dislike the least.  I wish we could have a two tier vote - one for the candidate in your riding & a vote of who you'd like for Prime Minister.  Alas it is not so, the vote you cast in your riding goes towards the total of seats for the Prime Minister.  I am inspired by the right to vote, & I'm inspired by the representative in our riding.  I'm just not inspired by the leaders of the parties - not any of them.
We had the fun of  a country slow drive to my favourite (& only) scrapbook store.  The soy is quickly ripening & the corn continues to grow.
soy bean
silo corn (cattle corn)

 

14 comments:

  1. There's something about global politics just now - none of them are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaders - not that there are any shining examples. I wonder if we haven't all become to much like a reality show - we want to be entertained... I'll say no more.

      Delete
  2. Oh we have rumours of a possible general election coming up - what a state our politics is in!
    The caterpillars in that tree really do look quite menacing - I hope they are soon gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our news is filled with our southerly neighbours election - a year away along with tidbits of our own. It's all so dramatic. Maybe the elections are like those tent caterpillars, they destroy a once vibrant thriving living thing & leave it struggling to survive.

      Delete
  3. We're having local elections right now, and it'll be interesting to see how that turns out. Our national situation is just tragic, and I hope for a change come 2020. Kick out the political parasites!

    I love the changing of seasons, but I'd like to see some lower temps to go along with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get so much on all our news stations about USofA politics - I cannot imagine living in that. Of course right now our leader is once again embarrassing himself & our country. We are suffering fools.

      Delete
    2. I'll trade ya ;) Honestly, I can't believe how low we've sunk :(

      Delete
    3. My relative in California calls him Teflon Man.

      Delete
  4. Happy first day of autumn! Our politics are definitely a reality show and, unfortunately, we are all participants, whether we like it or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Truly sad that the respect for the office has been diminished at home & aboard.

      Delete
  5. I have decided to vote for the local candidate that inspires the most confidence, regardless of the shortcomings of the party leader (you know who I mean!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I do know who you mean ... our area rep has been around several years & I have found him to be very good for the area. But still they all promise so much they complain they cannot deliver because of who was around before... it's a crap shoot.

      Delete
  6. Oh, if only elections here had a 40 day limit for signs! I feel like our election process is 40 months long---perhaps, in ways, it is. And it's so ugly now I can barely stand to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of taking on a news diet until after the 21s of October when the election is over (for us).

      Delete