Thursday, September 26, 2019

Take Notice Thursday - Improvements

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Notice Thursday.   The idea is to take photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.    What have you noticed this week?

This week it's all about card making.

From September's card class I tried stamping using a mask, which just means you stamp an image on a sticky note first, then stamp your image on the card base, put the stamped mask on top & then stamp other images close to, the mask prevents over stamping.  I like but it is a fiddly method. The mask was made for the purple flowers.

Using pearlized paint on a stamped image to highlight areas.  I liked this method.  The pearlized paint colour is called champagne.

Stamping & embossing an image then die cutting it out - again a bit of a fiddly technique.  I made this card for Mr Man's birthday celebrated earlier in the month.

In just under 2 years I've gone from being very scared about stamping a single simple image to trying multiply techniques for one card.   I may not be learning something new everyday in September, but I am trying something new in September.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift.

— Albert Einstein

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very clever technique and one that I'm not sure I would be very good at! Your cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb. I'm learning new skills in card making from the experts either in person or on line.

      Delete
  2. All three cards are lovely, and I'm impressed with all the new techniques. I have 2-3 to try that have been on my list for months! Your card with the pearlized paint is particularly gorgeous--and better IRL I would guess. I've unpacked, I'm catching up with blogs, have sorted through all my clothes, and this afternoon hope to get back to the crafting table. I keep reminding myself that we've only been home 3 1/2 days! But I do have some cards that must be finished TODAY and some others that need to be in the mail shortly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Coming from you as a master card maker that means a lot. The pearlized paint gave dramatic results from little effort. On my next attempt I ensured my painting was in 1 direction & quicker which I think has given me better results.

      Delete