Friday, October 11, 2019

TGIF - A Month of Thanksgiving #2

Thank you to Dr Brene Brown for this change up on TGIF; Trusting, Grateful, Inspired & Fun.

Trusting that the advertised over the counter cold relief medications actually do work.  Seems my parting gift from my current employer is a head cold!   6 more days!

Grateful that the overnight frosts have not killed off the majority of my summer pots of pretty pink flowers.  Still time to enjoy & savour the joy.

Inspired with all the online postings of some beautiful cards made during World Card Making Day (Oct 5th).  Here's 3 I made at a workshop.



Fun  with a friend when we went to see Downton Abbey, the movie.  It was delightful to see The Dowager again & of course our Edith does look delightfully happy (still).  I really liked the actress that played Queen Mary & I got very teary during the scene of the review of the troops when they played God Save The King (remember it was 1927 & King George V was on the throne).  The entire audience had a laugh out loud moment at Mr Mosley's curtsy.

11 comments:

  1. You have my sympathy with the hope that the cold remedies work - I'm on the second week of this odd cold virus and totally fed up with it now!
    Pleased to hear that your flowers have survived the first frosts, it's nice to hold onto colour in the garden as long as possible - I really hope your winter is not so harsh this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe how much the nose can produce! The actual garden has mostly turned now, so my pots are getting moved about for a splash of colour here & there. I do hope you are feeling better soon.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see "Downton Abbey: the movie" but the weather is so nice this week that I would rather be outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah but Saturday with the rain may bring a perfect time for you (col). Happy Thanksgiving Chris.

      Delete
  3. Downton Abbey is on my list of things to see. Just need to take the time to do it! Hope you feel better soon; that's a rotten parting gift! Love the cards, especially the lovely purple flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's already talk of a Downton Abbey sequel - which makes me very happy. This cold is certainly making the rounds in our community. The purple card is such a pretty stamp within a collection that has (in my opinion) nothing else.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I think it turned out to also be my favourite one, I'm think I'll put a red nose on the deer one & make into a Christmas card (col).

      Delete
  5. PS. Hit "publish" too soon... Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the head cold is all better now as you finish up your last days at the job!

    ReplyDelete