Friday, October 25, 2019

TGIF - A Month of Thanksgiving #4

Thank you to Dr Brene Brown for this change up on TGIF; Trusting, Grateful, Inspired & Fun.

Trusting:  that all the peanuts I have been feeding to my chipmunks help get them through the winter months.

 Grateful:  for some amazing tools to use in the garden, the electric, battery charged,  hand clippers are amazing. 


Inspired:  by the courage of my friend who underwent surgery & now chemo treatments for breast cancer. It was during her regular mammogram check up that the lump (deep & small) was found.  Ladies please don't forget to get your mammogram!

Source: Internet


Fun: Mr Man is a big Dr Who fan, so when he was working on his home theatre room, the cold cellar/fruit cellar is just off that room, so he turned that door into the Police Call box front from Dr Who.  He built most of it himself & just ordered the peel & stick logos online. 

14 comments:

  1. Can we see a photo of the TARDIS door please .... Doctor Who fan here 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely I'll share the final door creation. I'm not the same level of fan as Mr Man, but I do occasionally sit & watch with him - the weeping angels still haunt me!

      Delete
    2. Weeping angels and cybermen scare me witless 😂

      Delete
  2. Watching the chipmunks feed their little faces is such a delight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some new members of my chipmunk gang, one is still not trusting me enough to come close for dinner, but there are two that knock on the patio door to remind me I'm late for dinner!

      Delete
  3. All the best to your friend. Lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the mass was found early. She's struggling with the hair loss from chemo, but she has a great family & friends network surrounding her with love.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the door, too, although I know nothing at all about Dr. Who.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post finished door. The police call box in Dr Who is his tardis - his method of traveling throughout time & space. I think Dr Who is one of the longest running TV shows in Britain. The Doctor transforms often so many actors have played the role.

      Delete
  5. I have my fingers crossed that there will be no hungry chipmunks this winter!
    I think we do need to see that Tardis door after all Mr Man's hard work. I remember watching Dr Who in the 60s when I was little and I loved it but was so scared of the Daleks I had to watch it from underneath the dining room table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr's 10 & 11 are the ones I am most familiar with although I did see a few of Dr #9. I find the Daleks creepy but it's the Weeping Angels that truly scare me. Amy Pond was a favourite traveling companion.

      Delete
  6. I am reading your posts in reverse order, but it's still fun to think that Mr Man has created a TARDIS in your home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I feel like our whole house is a Tardis, from the outside, it looks rather ordinary & small ...

      Delete