Friday, October 18, 2019

TGIF - A Month Of Thanksgiving #3

Thank you to Dr Brene Brown for this change up on TGIF; Trusting, Grateful, Inspired & Fun.

Trusting  that I've read the bands of our garden woolly caterpillar correctly; Folklore believes "If the rusty band is wide, then it will be a mild winter. The more black there is, the more severe the winter."  The photo is from the Internet, ours had even bands.
Source: Internet
Grateful for a bountiful Thanksgiving dinner this past Monday.

Inspired or Intrigued:  by nature's wonderment in this large mushroom puff ball.  There are several people in our little village that gather these puff balls when first formed to cook & eat - they say quite tasty.  This puff ball has split as it is older so not one for eating.

Fun  a lovely drive out to witness Mother Nature's spectacular Autumn wardrobe & what made it fun was that Mr Man agreed to stopping when ever I wanted to take a photo. 


"Kindness, is like snow, beautifies everything it covers".  ...Kahlil Gibran

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the explanation about the caterpillar - I'll be checking them out now!!-Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn I haven't found too many in our yard, it seems they are really hiding deep in the leaf clutter, which makes me wonder if that too isn't a sign!!

      Delete
  2. You've got Mr Man well trained! Such lovely colours on those trees, isn't Autumn a beautiful month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This drive out was negotiated for the several stop requests (col). In our area the maples have been absolutely gorgeous this year - lots of reds not just yellow & some of the copper colours glow.

      Delete
  3. I haven't seen a caterpillar here yet. But I'll be checking the bands when I do. I guess I'd settle for even bands rather a preponderance of black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH a totally black woolly I'd be asking to visit relatives in a warmer climate for the winter! (col).

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving :) The seasonal changes are something I always look forward to, but I hope the woolly bear caterpillars don't predict a harsh winter. Brrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our woolly had very equal bands but I'm not sure who to trust; the professional (& I use that term lightly) are predicting a typical snowy Canadian winter. Only thing is to wait & see & I can wait a long time!

      Delete
  5. Lovely autumn colours. We have had a very wet one so far. Loads of toadstools everywhere, including all over my lawn! The squirrels eat them... I'm not so brave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the mushrooms & toadstools; I've seen far too many Midsommer Murders to never trust the gathering of wild mushrooms! (col).

      Delete