Monday, June 01, 2020

Me On A Monday - June 1st


 
Good Morning Everyone.  Happy June 1st, happy start to 2020's Summer Photo Scavenger Hunt. (for the list see my post of last Wednesday, May 27th).

Current Angel Card:  June's Angel thought is "Emerging" & while I didn't mention it, May's Angel thought was "Retreat" .  When I drew these cards, 1 for each month, back in December 2019, who knew how appropriate these two months were going to be.  

My emerging will be just as slow as our easing of lockdown restrictions.  Our Premiere announced emergency measures are still in place until the next review of June 9th.  I am good with that.  Still far too many new cases & far too many deaths still happening.

Currently Reading:  the latest issue, Summer 2020 of Creative Scrapbooker. Lots of ideas.

I also just finished reading on my e-reader a book about "surviving the flu & other pandemics"  written in 2006.  Had the author not often referred to dates I would have thought this book was written just last month.  The author is a doctor of Oriental Healing & Medicine.  It was quite scary that  he talked about the 1918 pandemic (which they were researching in 1997 for its origins) & a few of the more recent ones of Bird Flu, MERS & SARS. COVID-19, MERS & SARS are Corona-viruses.  When he wrote this book in 2006, he predicted that a much larger & more deadly virus pandemic would strike the world in the next 15-20 years, he said it would originate in China at a wet market - bingo!  

Currently Crafting Cards:  I made two versions of this card for the ladies of my church that are sewing non-medical face masks for the community.  They have made over 1600 masks to date.  The first version of the card just seemed to need a little something extra & when haven't googly eyes made something better. I used a nested stitched die to cut out the masks after I had embossed the paper.  The word thanks is also a die cut.



Currently Crafting Scrap Pages:  I made the first page of the time line (Canadian) of the Coronavirus; the facing page will be exactly the same with April-June stats.


Currently Watching: more preparation of the field behind us.  This was stage two of the spraying - I think it was some kind of fertilizer for the crop yet to be planted. I know it wasn't anything that required a warning as the farmer himself was in an open tractor. Next step is to turn over/plough the field.


Currently Received Happy Mail:  received this timely post card from Ruth. Good message.  I have been making several left turns lately.

 
"I will prepare & someday my chance will come." Abraham Lincoln

18 comments:

  1. I don't really understand what the angel cards are but the words for the two months you've mentioned are certainly accurate. It's also uncanny about the prediction in the 2006 book you mentioned!

    I like the thank you card ... the googly eyes finished it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the last few years every end of December I use the Angel card deck to draw 12 cards, I ask before hand, what my focus should be for each month - the card I draw for each month is sort of like my Word of the Month, thought of the month.

      Delete
  2. We're still a few weeks way from The Boy Child possibly returning to school, so will continue to stay close for home for now (apart from a now allowed visit to the family). I feel very nervous about re-emerging into the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is odd how we are all itching to get back out there, but yet nervous about the return. In Ontario the kids are not going back until September at the earliest.

      Delete
  3. The googly eyes are the PERFECT addition to that card! I've already started thinking about the scavenger hunt. I need to print out a copy, though I have one on my phone which is almost always with me. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I'd like the googly eyes, but they do make me smile & the one recipient loved the googly eyes, so that's what I was going for. A crazy time for you, stay safe.

      Delete
  4. The predictions in that book are eerily accurate aren't they? Wow. Just as the cards that you drew for this month and the last one. I am so pleased that we are now officially in Scavenger Hunt season and am already thinking about what I might find for each category!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather surreal reading those two books. But I keep asking, if we know this, then why aren't we doing anything about it. I need the SPSH to distract me.

      Delete
  5. I also am glad things are opening slowly. WE need to continue to be ultra cautious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear with all the protests in Toronto & Montreal, it will increase the infections in 2 weeks.

      Delete
    2. I too think there are problems in store. Too much freedom allowed, too hard to implement safely and too many people taking extra liberties. It's reckless.

      Ha ha, good idea to add the eyes. Not surprised it was well received.

      Delete
    3. Lady Ella I also think there's been too much reckless behaviour.

      Delete
  6. Your angel card for June is perfect. We are all trying to emerge one day at a time. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think after all those protest in Toronto & Montreal, both our provinces will see significant spikes in infections, which could cause us to step back in easement of restrictions. It will be "our" own fault.

      Delete
  7. Those face mask cards are so perfect! I'm planning a layout with the timelines as well - trying to decide if I want to use the ones from Persnickety Prints or use the blank one & create my own with the dates that affected us more. Isn't it so nice to get happy mail!!! I got a postcard from Ruth, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My April-June stats will include more info for our county. I was surprised that Pinterest already has ample ideas for Pandemic, COVID-19, Quarantine layouts.

      Delete
  8. The pandemic book sounds like timely reading. They've always known we'd face another one :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've now read 2 1/2 books on pandemics ... no more for a while but what surprises me is how much they know about virus contagion & how to stop the spread. But all of what they know seem to know, they fail to take into account how a "me" society will behave. It's a good thing this wasn't an alien invasion!

      Delete