Monday, July 27, 2020

Me On A Monday - July 27th

As there isn't a lot happening on or off the patio, I thought I would share a new favourite recipe.  Tradition has that if a single woman makes this dish for her gentlemen friend, after he's eaten he will immediately propose.  Seeing as we are already married, Mr Man requested I make this again soon & has promised he'll do the washing up afterwards!

Marry Me Chicken
Prèp Timè: 5 mins Cook Timè: 30 mins Total Timè: 35 mins


Ingrèdiènts
  • 1 Tablèspoon Olivè Oil
  • 3-4 Largè Chickèn Brèasts (I also used soy for me)
  • Salt
  • Pèppèr
  • 2 clovès Garlic (mincèd)
  • 1 tèaspoon Thymè
  • 1 tèaspoon Rèd Pèppèr Flakès (may add only 1/2 tèaspoon for lèss spicè)
  • 3/4 cup Chickèn Broth (I use vegetable broth)
  • 1/2 cup Hèavy Crèam
  • 1/2 cup Sundrièd Tomatoès (choppèd)
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup Frèshly Gratèd Parmèsan Chèèsè
  • Frèsh Basil

Instructions



  1. Prèhèat ovèn to 375 dègrèès.  In a largè ovèn-safè skillèt hèat oil ovèr mèdium-high hèat.  Sèason chickèn gènèrously with salt and pèppèr and sèar until goldèn, about 4-5 minutès pèr sidè.  Transfèr chickèn to a platè. 
  2. Rèturn skillèt to mèdium hèat.  Add garlic and cook for 1 minutè. Stir in thymè, rèd pèppèr flakès, chickèn broth, and hèavy crèam.  Cook for 5 minutès, stirring oftèn.  Stir in sundrièd tomatoès and parmèsan chèèsè.  
  3. Rèturn chickèn to skillèt and spoon saucè all ovèr thè chickèn brèasts.  Bakè until chickèn is cookèd through -- about 15-18 minutès.  Garnish with basil and gratèd parmèsan chèèsè, if so dèsirèd. 

NOTE: I omitted finishing the chicken in the oven & just left in the skillet to finish off.  Too hot to turn the oven on over the past week.  I served over noodles, which I had prepared while the chicken cooked.  Our favourite type of noodle is fresh linguine.



Source:Internet

15 comments:

  1. I'll need to tweak this (no cream, parmesan substitute) but it sounds very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always tweaking recipes - it also feels like a potions class in my kitchen some days!

      Delete
  2. I'm bookmarking this so I can make it - sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised how much flavour came from the sun dried tomatoes - it was worth the effort to find.

      Delete
  3. Sounds delicious. I hope Mr Man does the washing up as promised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These days any help in the kitchen would be more appreciated than a ring on the finger (lol).

      Delete
  4. That sounds lovely, I think I'll have to print that recipe off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I was pleased it was easy & quick to make. Left overs the next day were SO yummy.

      Delete
  6. Sounds good. The whole concept is a new one to me. Luckily, Tracy cleans up after every meal. I always offer to help, but am shooed out of the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky to have help in the kitchen, it's often the clean up part that's the worse part of any prep, so I'm very aware of how many bowls, pots I use!

      Delete
  7. Sounds very tasty. I will have to remember to recommend it to anyone who is waiting for that ring on the finger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa - maybe it's a good anniversary dinner, to re-confirm choices !!

      Delete
  8. I made this after seeing it on your blog and it was a huge success! Absolutely delicious - I've printed it off and will be making it again. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete