Monday, July 06, 2020

Me On A Monday - July 6th

Greetings & Salutations



What a hot week it was & the forecast is for another 6 days of temperatures over 30+(c) . The sun was so intense everyday.  Giving thanks that we have air conditioning & nothing to do out doors except water flower pots for a friend & other than that, not a lot happening on the patio or off the patio - it's a quiet time.

Currently Dealing With: one of the circle patio twin chipmunk babies has decided to stay on & likes to dig in my flower pots of the circle patio. This is Patio Pete.

Currently Reading Me & White Supremacy, it's not an easy read, but a necessary read.  I've also started with the re-read of Harry Potter books.  I have not done a read through of the series in two years.  

Currently Wearing: a bathing suit as I am flower pot sitting for the lady I've cat sat for (the cats are away this time) & she has a very large inground swimming pool that she is allowing me to use.  Of course I take Mr Man with me as you cannot swim alone.  Oh the bliss & there's a few scrap book pages formulating in my mind!

Current Angel Thought:  July's Angel focus is New Love. Not sure what this message is about or for, but I do have the celebration of another friend's arrival of a baby boy.  Lots of boys being born this year.

Currently Watching:  a new to me series which I re-found as I had missed the last two episodes; Home.  Also a 1 season series, Beecham House. It's rich visual delights make me sad it's not got a second season in the works.  Now that the library is allowing new hold requests, there's a few DVD series I'm hoping to get.  Summer TV is awful.

SPSH - thanks to all those participating & I forgot to mention in the first link in when the next link in will be; Friday August 7th.



14 comments:

  1. Thinking about scrapbooking while sitting next to a pool sounds ideal to me right now.
    I watched some of Beecham House, mainly because the lead actor is hot (!), but both the plot and acting were dreadful, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beecham House is slow & a lot of the acting is quite stifled, but oh the costumes & scenery & yes John Beecham is quite the swoon, oh thank goodness for the pool to cool off in!

      Delete
  2. Definitely quiet time here, too. Pool time sounds like a treat :) Those chipmunks! So adorable, and yet the holes in the plant pots are an irritation :( J.K. Rowling is making big social media splashes these days. I wish she'd just stop. It's been ages since I re-read the Harry Potter books, but they're ready on the shelf as soon as I'm ready for them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not feeling very loving towards the chippies right now, they have ruined a few pots & now I have re-planted those poor uprooted plants, I've placed big stones in the pots to keep the available dirt to a minimum. JK annoys me that's why I haven't read the books in a while. I hate that she keeps adding/changing (verbally) to the original story & no it doesn't enhance (IMO).

      Delete
  3. Oh what luxury to have a pool to have exclusive use of! What a treat! Love the picture of Patio Pete, he does have a cheeky look about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patio Pete is cheeky but he doesn't seem as aggressive as Barry is towards other chipmunks. This is the first time I've been allowed to use the pool & I'm been house/cat sitting for years.

      Delete
  4. Hello Patio Pete, lovely photo!

    I haven't seen either of those series but hope you enjoy them. The swimming sounds like a perfect thing to do on a hot day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find taking a dip around 11:30am is better, as the sun is just to intense in the afternoon. I have use of the pool until Saturday, so I need to make the most of the time.

      Delete
  5. Oooh, hot! No wonder you went for a dip. Can't swim alone eh? I see the logic, but that could be very prohibitive. Have a good week, Mary-Lou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Man is my personal life guard, I would never feel comfortable swimming alone as I'm not a strong swimmer, mind you I spend more time just bobbing up & down (lol).

      Delete
  6. I love that photo of Patio Pete among the flowers! I'm not much of a swimmer either. We used to belong to a gym with an outdoor pool. I loved spending time there, but it was in and out for me, and lots of reading under an umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just seem to bob up & down mostly, although I've now hurt my heck trying to keep my face out of the water! Patio Pete does not seem to fight with the other chipmunks, but oh Barry is a scrapper & now of the paper kind!

      Delete
  7. Patio Pete looks cute! Maybe he's a peaceful chipmunk preferring to tend to his (your) flower pots. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patio Pete is one of the 3 regulars that doesn't have (yet) any battle scars. Putting the large stones in the pot has discouraged the digging, although he's still sitting in the pot which gives him the advantage of height to scope out the yard.

      Delete