Tuesday, February 02, 2021

WPSH - Batch Two

 Eileen over at A Bracelet of Days is once again hosting the Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt.  Just like this year's SPSH, Eileen has made a list that is quite doable for those in or out of lockdown & with a thought to social distancing & all that goes with a pandemic.    I hope you are going to join in with the fun, for some, for all, of the items on the list.  Thanks Eileen for organizing.

My latest entry of the items.

#2 Round and Round: the squirrels paw prints of them chasing each other around & around, up & down this tree.  It's also the tree they sit & eat their peanuts in & there a shell casings all around the base of the tree.

#4 Glass: this glass vase with glitter band was filled at Christmas time with a beautiful fresh floral arrangement sent by a friend living in BC.  It was certainly a surprise.


#7 An Opening:  trying to get one of the garden gates open but alas the ice & snow prevent a wide swing open, but just a peek at more squirrel paws around & around a tree.

#8 A Sign Of The Times:  locally this sign is common at this time of year.  Many farmers plant Winter Wheat & warn snowmobilers (skidoos) to stay off the fields.  Winter Wheat is planted in early Autumn & grows until the temperatures drop & the snow falls, where the wheat remains dormant until the spring when it continues it's growth until harvest time, usually late August.

#14 One of Many:  my Christmas tree Angel ornaments - this is Candy, isn't she sweet.

 

#15 Something With Legs:  these are seasonal wine stoppers that currently don't have a job & are just sitting around in glass, waiting, hoping for some work, maybe on Valentine's Day.

#16 A Face:  one of the black squirrels that goes around & around the tree in #2 & #7

 

Alt B-Textured:  shoveled snow & pavement


 


11 comments:

  1. What great pictures - I need to sort out my next batch to share.
    Love the texture of that cleared pathway. I can imagine the lovely crunch of compacted snow underfoot. There's obviously a lot of squirrel activity going on around your home, it seems weird to see a black squirrel, the ones around here are grey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done a good and thorough job. I avoid challenges and memes. It's one of my many failings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos! I don't think I've even seen black squirrels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great finds there - that's a very pretty vase. The Brainy One would have no problem finding a use for the bottle stoppers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fine collection! That's a particularly lovely vase--especially since it came from a florist. Usually ours are quite plain. I'd never seen a black squirrel until we started visiting Niagara-on-the-Lake. Recently, I saw one here--a very unusual siting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful vase, and how nice you had a reason to use it over Christmas! Mr Squirrel looks a bit chilly - I have a similar photo of one on my fence - he scampered all the way over a clear bit before coming to a stop on a snowy section, then sat and looked at me as if to say, "What the hell is all this about?"!

    (Side note: I'm already noticing a difference in the interpretation of "Sign of the times" each side of the pond.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm struck by the black squirrel! We don't have those here. And all that snow is another thing we don't have. I'm not sure if I should be sad or grateful for that. The Northeast is getting too much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great photos! I love the round and round of squirrel paw prints! Haven't seen any black squirrels, either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I've ever seen a black squirrel or even knew they were a thing ... only seen the reds and greys over here.

    The vase is beautiful, as are your angel ornaments.

    Thanks for joining the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an intriguing collection - I've not seen a black squirrel and the Seeded sign is most instructive. Your host of angels is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss seeing squirrels. We rarely have them here in El Paso. Too hot for them, I imagine. That certainly is a chubby fella you captured in your photo.
    Love the beautiful snow. The footprints in it, the texture of the shoveled snow. The peek at the snowfall through the fence.

    ReplyDelete